Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Channel 4HD Free to Air from 10th March

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ODuill

If we are desperate to have CH4 HD in Ireland on a SKY box, Take out the SKY card from the box, go to the installer menu, do a rebuild and hey presto, when to box reboots, CH4 HD is on the EPG on Ch140, when you are finished watching the programme and want to go back to your SKY package, simply put back in the card and after about 90 seconds, the SKY intro page Ch998 appears, and when that happens, you are back to your package.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

I have Ch4HD on freesat now, can't see a tread on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Cocoon wrote: »
    I have Ch4HD on freesat now, can't see a tread on it.

It came on last Tuesday with very little fanfare and it's a great addition - particularly for the amount of stuff they have with 5.1 sound.

"The Ten Commandments" looks and sounds terrific at the moment. Great bank holiday fare.*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

channel 4HD is appearing on my Freesat EPG but no signal. what gives? have a sony 32kdl-5800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    channel 4HD is appearing on my Freesat EPG but no signal. what gives? have a sony 32kdl-5800

I have the same problem and can only put it down to cabling. If I bring my freesat box upstairs to another TV connected to the same LNB I can get it but not downstairs. The same applies to a couple of other channels like CBS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

They are on Eurobird, which can be weaker. A slight dish or LNB realignment may do the trick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Perhaps a slight movement of your dish is required to pick up Eurobird @ 28.5E. Can you recieve any of the other Eurobird channels?

JDxtra wrote: »
    They are on Eurobird, which can be weaker. A slight dish or LNB realignment may do the trick.

If the dish is not aligned properly, why can I get them on another TV operating from the same dish and the same LNB.? I know it sounds stupid but would the port on one end of the LNB be more out of alignment than the port on the other end? I can also get the CBS channels perfectly on a 60 cm Lidl dish connected to a Sky box, it just bugs me because the place I want to get C4 HD is the one place I can't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

bmaxi - I didn't read the whole thread but is there a DECT phone near the cabling of the box which isn't working for CH4 HD? I've read on other posts that the DECT signal can affect certain channels.

• Advertisement

MBSnr wrote: »
    bmaxi - I didn't read the whole thread but is there a DECT phone near the cabling of the box which isn't working for CH4 HD? I've read on other posts that the DECT signal can affect certain channels.

No, no phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Check all cable connections between lnb and your receiver and maybe try a full freesat retune on your receiver.

givecredit wrote: »
    Check all cable connections between lnb and your receiver and maybe try a full freesat retune on your receiver.

Thanks, I do think it's the cabling although all the connections in the attic are good and tight although I suppose there could be a stray wire in there, maybe I'll make new ones. The connections at the LNB would necessitate Bmaxi climbing a ladder, that will require much contemplation. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

zanardi wrote: »
    Hi,

I had a similar problem on the Mvision 200 combo, I had to edit the TP to get it working. I picked Eurobird 3 Satellite (One I don't use) and hit the red button to edit the transponder to:

Frequency 12606
    Symbol Rate 27500
    Polarization Vertical-13V
    Modulation DVB-S2 QPSK
    Pilots Off
    FEC 3/4
    Search Option One TP

Once I did this, the S and Q bars came in perfectly, and I was able to tune in C4HD. The Default settings for Astra 2 don't have 12606V set correctly, you can probably edit this directly, but better just to use a satellite setting that you don't use e.g. Eurobird 3.

Thank you very much c4hd works for me on mvision 300 combo

Advertisement