Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems connecting to Lotro Servers for eircom customers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

I am still waiting for someone to contact me about this issue. I really dont wont to be the middle man on this as eircom and codemasters need to deal directly with each other on this issue. As such I will pm Mark(the most recent eircom rep who was active) with the email address of the Community Liason Officer in Codemasters. You can then put any further questions you need directly to him. But please do this soon as this issue has gone on far too long....

Edit: PM to Mark sent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Lister1 wrote: »
    I am still waiting for someone to contact me about this issue. I really dont wont to be the middle man on this as eircom and codemasters need to deal directly with each other on this issue. As such I will pm Mark(the most recent eircom rep who was active) with the email address of the Community Liason Officer in Codemasters. You can then put any further questions you need directly to him. But please do this soon as this issue has gone on far too long....

Edit: PM to Mark sent...

Hi Lister1,

Thanks for PM with the information I have stressed that direct contact with codemasters is the best way to procced and I sent on all the details and contact information.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Looks like this is going to rumble on indefinitly..:(

Hi Lister1,

Thanks for PM with the information I have stressed that direct contact with codemasters is the best way to procced and I sent on all the details and contact information.

Thanks, Mark

Can you make sure you keep us up todate on the resolution.

1. Can you confirm when eircom have made contact with Codemasters.
    2. Can you confirm when the issue has been identified.
    3. Can you provide an ETA for a fix at this stage also.

I know you are reliant on other people to do the work for you but can you make sure that you are kept in the loop and can provide feedback to us so that we can see that progress is being made.

Thanks...

Can you make sure you keep us up todate on the resolution.

1. Can you confirm when eircom have made contact with Codemasters.
    2. Can you confirm when the issue has been identified.
    3. Can you provide an ETA for a fix at this stage also.

I know you are reliant on other people to do the work for you but can you make sure that you are kept in the loop and can provide feedback to us so that we can see that progress is being made.

Thanks...

Hi Lister1,

When I get any updates as to what the problem is when a solution has been identified and when there is an resolution time-frame I will let you know.

I can not give an ETA at the moment I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Lister1,

I can not give an ETA at the moment I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

I meant provide an ETA when the problem has been identified. Fingers crossed we reach phase one today and get confirmation that contact has been made...

Are there connections made on particular ports?"

Can you provide the above information required please.

Thanks, Mark

I would prefer that this info would be provided by Codemasters but to give you guys a head start(not sure if we can still call it that) to investigate lotro uses ports below. It uses the UDP protocol altough port 80 might also use tcp. I have my ports forwarded on my router yet they are being reported as being closed on a number of online checkers. Did eircom do anything recently to block any of these ports?

Range 2900 to 2913
    Range 9000 to 9013

Another day goes by and we are still having issues with little sign of any of any resolution. I am now actively looking to change provider. I have done all I can to assist in resolving the problem but sadly the effort on eircoms part is just not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shanous

Lister1, thank you for all your efforts here and on the CM thread. I urge you to keep trying though as it seems you are the only one being listened to.
    Eircom, please take your thumbs out of your proverbials, this is a farce, your Tech Support is non-existant as far as I can tell.
    Customer satisfaction should be of upmost importance to a company of Eircoms size, but from what I see, there is nothing but complaints about your services.
    As Lister1, I have already started to look for other providers, Eircom will lose plenty of subscribers if they don't wake up and smell there own ignorance when it comes to these matters.

Another day goes by and we are still having issues with little sign of any of any resolution. I am now actively looking to change provider. I have done all I can to assist in resolving the problem but sadly the effort on eircoms part is just not the same.

Hi Lister1,

I appreciate that you are frutrated and looking for a speedy resolution. I can confirm we are investigating the issue. We are constant contact with the section looking into the problem and as soon as we have any updates we will let you know.

I am not able to give a time-frame so I ask that you give us some more time to complete a thorough investigation.
    We will get back to you with any developments.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

shanous wrote: »
    Lister1, thank you for all your efforts here and on the CM thread. I urge you to keep trying though as it seems you are the only one being listened to.
    Eircom, please take your thumbs out of your proverbials, this is a farce, your Tech Support is non-existant as far as I can tell.
    Customer satisfaction should be of upmost importance to a company of Eircoms size, but from what I see, there is nothing but complaints about your services.
    As Lister1, I have already started to look for other providers, Eircom will lose plenty of subscribers if they don't wake up and smell there own ignorance when it comes to these matters.

Hi shanous,

As I outlined to Lister1 I am not able to give a time-frame so I ask that you give us some more time to complete a thorough investigation.

Thanks, Mark

I appreciate that you are frutrated and looking for a speedy resolution. I can confirm we are investigating the issue. We are constant contact with the section looking into the problem and as soon as we have any updates we will let you know.

I am not able to give a time-frame so I ask that you give us some more time to coplete a thorough investigation.

Thanks, Mark

We have yet to receive any confirmation that contact has been made with Codemasters about this matter which should have been the first course of action that should have taken. I know you are reliant on other people to do this and all you can do it pass on the reported issue to them and expect them to carry out their job. But when we are waiting this long for the first step to be taken it gives me little faith that the following steps will be followed up any differently.

Hi Mark/Ant/Tony,

Can you either confirm or deny that you have made contact with Codemaster about this issue? They have tried from their end but to no avail.

Please take time to actually read my post this time and give an answer to the question I have asked, I am sick of receiving answers to questions I HAVE NOT asked. Even worse is when a post is completely ignored.
    Looking forward to a PROPER answer this time, not the generic and frankly useless "We are looking into it" reply.

Regards,
    One extremely annoyed customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zirtek

I think eircom just dont seem to care enough about gamers,if it was a buisness sure they might be able to do something about it,but games?
    Come on eircom this is affecting a lot of people all over ireland at this stage!

Can those of you who are following the thread and have these problems, please register and leave a comment here? Might be the only way to force Eircom to take their thumbs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bosc

this is getting ridiculous, 2 weeks and they have still yet to find the problem. time to check out other providers me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Timmyocal

Hey Guys this Lotr Problem is taking way too long been 15 days now and to be honest i want out of my Eircom contract as its not doing what i am paying for ...
    It is a joke to be honest that the updates are vague and repeatative.... I feel as we are a minority this is being fobbed off as nothing ...
    I think it is Time for Upc myself as people using it or 3g Broadband aren't having any problem !??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ragnor

Timmyocal wrote: »
    Hey Guys this Lotr Problem is taking way too long been 15 days now and to be honest i want out of my Eircom contract as its not doing what i am paying for ...
    It is a joke to be honest that the updates are vague and repeatative.... I feel as we are a minority this is being fobbed off as nothing ...
    I think it is Time for Upc myself as people using it or 3g Broadband aren't having any problem !??

yeah definately agree, getting really annoyed at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Anamareth

There are now 35 pages on this topic with posts from very frustrated Eircom (soon to be ex-eircom) customers on the Codemasters forums. Thats 343 separate posts. And be sure thats not everyone who's having problems.

Can Eircom really afford to drag this out? Because 15 days and counting with no progress isn't good for business!!!!

Sort it out Eircom, get busy with Codemasters or I predict by this time next week you'll see a big drop in your profits.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DJ Gar

I too have this issue... going on 2 weeks now! I'm not surprised it not sorted, Eircom don't give a sh*t.

There's no reason why we should be the middle-men in this. Eircom, can you please contact codemasters directly!!

• Advertisement

To those that have since registered here and on the CM forums, thank you for taking to the time to help.

Heh, thread has been ignored AGAIN while all others have been responded to.
    We got an update from CM :
    Hi all,

Just as an update from our side, we have logged a ticket with Eircom and are talking to them via their forums. They are fully aware of the issues their customers experience when trying to play LOTRO and are looking into a solution. We have provided them with traceroutes and other data to help them determine the problem and hopefully they will be able to sort this soon!

Now the least you can do is confirm this and let us know what is happening on your end, and please, no generic "We will update you when we find out something" replies, every one has been the exact same.
    Update us NOW with what has happened since yesterday.

Regards,
    An ever increasingly annoyed Vorongwë/Shanous.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Hillson

I've been having issues the last 15 days, please find my trace route data as posted on lotro boards:

Tracing route to Under Construction [94.75.194.7]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms 5 ms 192.168.1.254
    2 54 ms 30 ms * b-ras1.rtd.sligo.eircom.net [159.134.155.25]
    3 35 ms 27 ms 27 ms ge-3-1-6.pa1.bay.chf-qrk.eircom.net [86.43.247.13]
    4 36 ms 31 ms 32 ms tenge-7-1-1.core2.dbn.core.eircom.net [86.43.253.65]
    5 42 ms 42 ms 46 ms tenge-1-2-1.pe1.the.the-thn.eircom.net [86.43.253.126]
    6 53 ms 42 ms 41 ms ge7-1-0.corea.the.london.eircom.net [86.43.244.190]
    7 52 ms 52 ms 52 ms crs-evo.leaseweb.net [195.69.145.215]
    8 54 ms 54 ms 55 ms po100.sr1.evo.leaseweb.net [85.17.100.226]
    9 53 ms 60 ms 51 ms 85.17.163.226
    10 61 ms 62 ms 59 ms 94.75.194.7

Trace complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Avallach

Its been 2 weeks now and no resolve still and lack of information from Eircom im just wondering how many of us thinking to switch to another ISP already

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kalie

Im having the same problem.
    Its been over 2 weeks for me now. Im kinda wondering why im still giving eircom and CM my money for something i cant use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dairmuid

I have been haveing same problems feel like eircom and codemaster dont care about the trade we give them .

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ragnor

any chance of a detailed update eg: problem has been isolated, problem will be rectified in x amount of days................... all of us here are paying for for services that we are not getting to use, tired of ringing broadband support and being told that there is no problems when there obviously is one, not wasting my money any more on fruitless phonecalls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Derrick

In fairness to CodeMasters (and I don't often say that :)), they did review our traceroutes and so on and while they were not the fastest to respond, they did attempt to make contact with Eircom after the initial useless generic links they tried to redirect us to. I think it was only after this, they realised there was genuinely a major issue with Eircom customers rather than just a few select outages/issues.

That said, Eircom's general speed of response has been horrendously poor and as you said, the generic responses and repetitiveness of the "it has been logged and escalated and we will revert, please wait" is not good enough for what is supposed to be a professional organisation. I am in the UPC area and while I have no major desire to switch, the almost 3 weeks now since the issue arose with no visible progress from Eircom and almost no engagement is unacceptable.

Eircom, can you not even tell us that you are definitely engaging with CodeMasters on some technical forum that we do not see so at least we know there is some work in progress as opposed to this issue being logged in a queue somewhere at a very low priority level because we're gamers.

Without wanting to identify specific companies here, I know myself and 4 others impacted are senior managers (some IT) with medium to large sized companies who have large business contracts with you. This type of general response does not inspire confidence in us and will not put Eircom in a good light when renewing contracts and whatever about consumers not having options, businesse do. Our businesses have to push to get a 24-48 hour response from you generally but 3 weeks for customer response is nothing short of appalling.

Bear in mind, Ireland is small and many of your personal customers are also your business customers and there should be relatively little difference in the way you treat all customers and it should be responsive,

Please engage and make progress and report progress on this issue. If customers see genuine effort and progress, there is signficantly less cause for anger, something Fianna Fail and Brian Cowen et al probably fully realised in the recent general election,

Yours sincerely,
    Derrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SRavenlock

I've been having the same problem as the other posters here with LOTRO. I thought it was the game and I've been tweaking settings for hours and hours to no avail, only to find it is an eircom problem.
    My husband and daughter play as well, so that's 3 of us being affected by this.

I'm a lifetime member of LOTRO and I've never had any problems like this with the game, it has always played fine. It's a disgrace that this issue has been going on for 2 weeks now and it still hasn't been fixed.

Has anyone contacted Ben Dunne from the Irish Sun yet? He's generally speaking very helpful and regularly helps costumers sort out problems with companies who seem sluggish to repsond. It probably has to do with being named and shamed in his column ;)

Anyway, if this does not get sorted soon we'll start looking into other options for broadband, Eircom does not seem to be very forthcoming with a solution and this doesn't inspire much confidence in them as a company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Blood777

I have spent the last week trying to get Lotro working (I was away the week before that), reinstalled twice and much kicking an cursing. I work so have limite time to play nevermind waste troubleshooting a problem that I now find is down to my ISP, namely Eircom.

It is a disgrace that this has affect so many people for such a period of time with no update, first rule of good customer service - communication. If we at least had an idea of what was wrong and how long it might take to fix it we might not be so agreaved.

I recently had a conversation with my partner about whether to change ISP, my one agrument against changing was that the connection was serving its purpose and was stable. Obviously we will be having this chat again and there will be no objections from me unless the is a 180 turn around in attitude and service level.

Thanks for reading my rant :)

PS: I logged the fault with Eircom, not sure if everyone has done the same but it might help to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shardx

Having the same problem and already spoke to eircom and posted on the CM forums. Got the genric response from eircom support and I read the CM forum so I know it's eircoms problem to fix. I too am going to look to change broadband and phone service provider. And they wonder why there company is not doing so well........:rolleyes:

Advertisement