Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaway delivery

• 21-02-2011 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Are there any takeaways/restaurants in the city that deliver wine/beer with the food?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

AFAIK it's ilegal for a business to deliver booze(for personal use) but I stand to be corrected on that.

Not including the likes of shopping from home such as tesco because you pay online and not at your door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Carry out deliver booze. The one in barrack street will also bring a chinese with them from across the road if you throw em a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Carry out deliver booze. The one in barrack street will also bring a chinese with them from across the road if you throw em a fiver.
    I'm always getting stuff delivered from them. Didn't know about the Chinese though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

The Chinese in Ferrybank will deliver booze. But they only have Guinness and Carlsberg I think.

As in you ring up Carryout and they deliver your cans and you pay for them on your doorstep? If that's the case I'm 99% sure it's ilegal as I looked into it as a business idea in the past.

In a nutshell you can only buy booze on a licenced premises(or online) and your doorstep isn't one.

Having said all that laws may have changed or I could have been mistakingly informed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Get one of your local taxi drivers to pick it up for you and sure if its a local run and they are not too busy they will be glad of the fiver. :D:D

ziedth wrote: »
    As in you ring up Carryout and they deliver your cans and you pay for them on your doorstep? If that's the case I'm 99% sure it's ilegal as I looked into it as a business idea in the past.

In a nutshell you can only buy booze on a licenced premises(or online) and your doorstep isn't one.

Having said all that laws may have changed or I could have been mistakingly informed.

Booze delivery is a huge part of the Carry Out service. I'd assume they would have looked into the legality of it. Surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I think they take payment over the phone before they deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭THall04

It is illegal , there was a program on RTE about it last year (think it was Prime Time).

Also.....if you are expecting a supermarket delivery of groceries , that include alcohol , it can only be accepted by an adult....the supermarket are committing an offence if the order is handed over to someone underage.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I think they take payment over the phone before they deliver.

That could well be another option that would explian it.

• Advertisement

no they don't..they take payment at the door.

What we on about. They don't deliver at all :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Most Carryout's deliver. The one in Ferrybank certainly does.

Not sure if it's COD or over the phone

They sure don't. They do like to call up for a chat every now and again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Was that directed at me? Anytime I'm in there they hand out cards with delivery details on them.

Double checked it on their website too

ah sure the poor chaps get bored so just go off for a spin

wow. that one flew right over your head and nearly injured a small child.

I'm sure there must be some sort of legal hupla around it. I had to laugh at the link ATBB posted from DADS that says they must gain entry to the house, it sounds like they are looking for drugs.

I'm sure there must be some sort of legal hupla around it. I had to laugh at the link ATBB posted from DADS that says they must gain entry to the house, it sounds like they are looking for drugs.
    had a bit of a giggle at that meself. Cheeky feckers lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement