Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how do i put a wordpress page as my main page

• 21-02-2011 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

I am setting up a page based on wordpress.
    How do I set up the website so that the site opens up with the wordpress page as its main page instead of having it like site.com/wordpress

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ok this is pretty easy

create a new .php document

copy and paste this code
    <?php

Header( "Location: http://address&quot; );

?>

replace the word address with the address of the wordpress page eg www.yoursite.com/wordpress

save the .php file as index

upload this file in the main directory of you site
    now when you enter www.youraddress.com it will auto redirect to the wordpress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

when people click on the links then will it come up www.site.com/wordpress/news say for the news instead of having www.site.com/news which is what I would prefer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭noshankus

Very hard to say without actually seeing how it is set up.

But try this by moving all files under your /wordpress/ folder to the same level as /wordpress/
    i.e. was:
    wordpress/news
    now:
    wordpress/
    news/

If any of the files contain directory specific links including wordpress, they will have to be manually changed.

A simple test is to create the news/ folder in the same level as wordpress and put in a file called hello.txt just containing the word "Hello" and then try to access it:
    www.site.com/news/hello.txt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Under General Settings change the Site address (URL).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Actually there's more to it if using a blog as your main page -

http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory

• Advertisement
Advertisement