Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To buy or not to buy

Options
  • 21-02-2011 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

I am going to be investing in a Rework Station for reflowing/reballing purposes.

So far two machines have caught my eye the ACHI IR-PRO Infrared and the Aoyue Int 732, they are affordable both machines costing around €1,000 with shipping.

The Aoyue Int 732 is currently out of stock, from http://www.pcb-soldering.co.uk (the closest supplier I could find), the supplier seems to be reputable.

The ACHI IR-PRO can be purchased off eBay and comes with tons of extras for Xbox 360 reflowing/reballing. Supplier is in China, and the manual is in google-translated Engrish so I imagine the support wouldn't be very good if it did break down.

Anyone else purchased one of these machines?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

I've heard nothing good about the ayoue machine everyone who had it on the cvx forums was complaining about it.
    Go for the ACHI.
    But in fairness unless you see your self doing 50 consoles a week your better of just geting a hot air rework station like I have.
    Not as impressive as a big infa red one but does the same job with very even airflow.
    Mines already paid for itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Can you reball with your setup and how long on average do your reflows last?

Havn't had it very long,
    And I'm still getting things completely sorted out with it.
    But ya I can lift a gpu clean off the board with all the pads intact.
    Hot air or infa red there doing the exact same job melting solder just stay well away from the aoyue units very uneven heating

Nice I think I seen your setup on a thread before, can you list the equipment you've made it from?

that was just a mock up when I first got it Its changed a bit since then
    Atten 858a rework station
    4141 netted nozzle does the cpu,gpu,and you can do two ram chips at the same time with it.
    Set of thermocouples,
    modified griddle,
    and a holder I made myself based of this http://www.instructables.com/id/PCB-Drill-Press-Using-Salvaged-Door-Hinges/ works well but I'm still working out some of the kinks before I get into reflowing big time.
    Will put a pic up tommorow if you want

• Advertisement

Cool setup, do you have a rig to stop the board from bending? Any pics you have would be great so I can get an idea of what it looks like

I have some bolts drilled through the griddle and I use a nut and a few washers to hold the board off the griddle and then I put a nut on the other side of the board to hold it.
    Keeps it nice and flat.
    Then a hybrid homemade x clamp replacement,and fan shroud mod after the repair.

Advertisement