Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTA Channels

• 21-02-2011 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I recently cancelled my sky subscription, I still have the box and dish hooked up and thought I would keep all the FTA channels. This doesn't seem to be the case there isn't even RTE on it, there are a couple such as BBC 1 and 2, Sky News and Film 4. There is no Channel 4 either.

Does anybody know is there a code or something that can be inputted to receive all the FTA channels available?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Marstan wrote: »
    I recently cancelled my sky subscription, I still have the box and dish hooked up and thought I would keep all the FTA channels. This doesn't seem to be the case there isn't even RTE on it, there are a couple such as BBC 1 and 2, Sky News and Film 4. There is no Channel 4 either.

Does anybody know is there a code or something that can be inputted to receive all the FTA channels available?

You have all the channels that are free on your satellite system
    Take out your sky card you dont need it turn off power to sky box switch back on after 1 min. You cant receive any Irish channel Free To Air on Astra 28.2

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Marstan

Thanks Scaller, that did make some more channels available such as Channel 4, E4 and More 4, pity none of the Irish channels are available though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i am going to do the same thing. disgusted about the irish channels tho. i don't have a rabbits ears anywhere in the house! even if i did i don't know how to connect them to the hd telly in the sitting room - i presume SOMEWHERE on there there would b a slot.

mind u they miten work anyway. reason we got sky in the first place is our bungalow is on the flat next to the sea with a REALLY large building in the way that was blocking us from getting any sort of arial feed. doubt that has changed

have just turned box back on and i am not getting the channel4 channels except s4c - which over here is pointless. wonder why that is??? any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

c4 is just at a higher number
    see www.saortv.info and RTE's digital coverage checker.

Rabbit's ears are useless unless you can see the TV mast. Get an outdoor aerial fitted and you add 6 FTA channels now with maybe 10 by 2013, RTE2 in HD by May, more HD by end of 2013.

hdowney wrote: »
    i am going to do the same thing. disgusted about the irish channels tho. i don't have a rabbits ears anywhere in the house! even if i did i don't know how to connect them to the hd telly in the sitting room - i presume SOMEWHERE on there there would b a slot.

mind u they miten work anyway. reason we got sky in the first place is our bungalow is on the flat next to the sea with a REALLY large building in the way that was blocking us from getting any sort of arial feed. doubt that has changed

have just turned box back on and i am not getting the channel4 channels except s4c - which over here is pointless. wonder why that is??? any ideas?

Are you using a SKY HD box. If so it wont work for the free channels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Some do.

Also an out-of-date dark blue UK FTV card works to switch to UK guide. Doesn't get any of the FTV channels, just the FTA ones.

Seemingly if power cycled it remembers the last card used! (some SD and one HD boxes I've tested) So you may only need to borrow UK card briefly and never re-insert Irish one unless you are re-activating the subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

yes i am using a hd box. i get some of the fta channels - like the bbcs, the musicy ones, film etc. but the channel4/e4/more4 are not coming thru unless i put them on the other channels with the different freq

If you want to continue to use the HD box get 1 of these http://www.akspeedo.com/sky-viewing-cards.php you will not be able to record or pause

or else change the Sky box for this http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/copy_of_Humax_Foxsat_HD_PVR_Freesat_.html

Advertisement