Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

130 volts pd between live and earth TT system

Options
  • 21-02-2011 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi everyone
    I have signed in here to see if anyone has experienced this, and found solution if there is one.
    Voltage L to N 230 Volts Lto E 130 volts:confused:

my test meter will not work for earth loop imp. unless I do it the same way as the old two wire tester by bridgeing the N+E together which gives me 0.78ohm which is fine.the reason my meter will not work 3 wire LNE cause the voltage between Live +E is 130V , I thought this may be due to bad earth spike connection which I cant find .the over head pylon is 20mtr from house so I did an earth loop test at the supply meter mounted on pylon using the earth connection to the pylon thinking you wont get better than that and run a seperate wire connected from the pylon to MET in DB, guess what no difference at all. the ground here is major rock and thinking there may be no improvement on what the electric supplier has achieved when they connected there earth connection to ground.

voltage N to E 0v
    Im assuming the polarity is right cause its over head main though its a Spanish installation and colour codes dont mean jack all to some.for all I know with not having a decent earth it could be N to earth voltage ?which is High and would understand why my meter not enable to read cause of exceeding 50v.which will not let me do an rccd time test either :confused:

ok now for me tablets where have I put them lol:)

Comments

Advertisement