Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degree qualified paramedics

Options
  • 21-02-2011 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey guys,

I've heard on the grape vine that NAS will soon only accept paramedics who have a paramedic degree. Any idea when this is suppose to happen? and if so, is it possible they will accept qualified/experienced paramedics from other countries eg Australia who do not have a degree?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Hey guys,

I've heard on the grape vine that NAS will soon only accept paramedics who have a paramedic degree. Any idea when this is suppose to happen? and if so, is it possible they will accept qualified/experienced paramedics from other countries eg Australia who do not have a degree?

cheers

NHS in the UK I'd say...you must be listening to the wrong grapevine, the Irish NAS' own Paramedic training programme isn't even a degree course!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 aussieparamedic

good to know. didnt like that grapevine anyway!

Aust are moving towards having all services accept only degree qualified paramedics which is one reason i want to move to ireland. I dont feel like studying a degree to do a job that I am already qualified to do.

How hard is it to get a job over there at the moment? planning on moving over in a year or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

good to know. didnt like that grapevine anyway!

Aust are moving towards having all services accept only degree qualified paramedics which is one reason i want to move to ireland. I dont feel like studying a degree to do a job that I am already qualified to do.

How hard is it to get a job over there at the moment? planning on moving over in a year or so...

Jobs in the privates are easier to get as a Paramedic than an EMT, there hasn't been a HSE recruitment for already qualified Paramedics recently, so keep an eye on www.careersinhealthcare.ie for qualified jobs, or here, as one of us will post it up if it appears!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭drvr

The last recruitment for Phecc Qualified Paramedics was Nov/Dec 2010. Panel was formed following interviews

Advertisement