Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is this an RGB nintendo scart lead

• 21-02-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

As i have something like 20 gamecubes in my fort, sometimes things get mixed up, I have a modded gamecube and a couple of SNESs I can remember what this lead is off,

I noted that it has too many cables for a composite and it has three cables Red Green and Blue that have a resister on the end so I'm windering if they are RGB, I may even have orders this on its own some time ago.

anyone know what this is off, it may also be a RGB SNES lead that someone here was banging on about some time ago and i went and bought one.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Simplest thing to do would be to plug it into a snes and see if it gives an RGB picture? Just make sure it's in the RGB scart slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

famerbeen wrote: »
    It's quite a simple answer. You need to select the TV option and then tune your TV to the correct frequency the N64 is on. Just like scanning in a terrestrial channel back in the 90s. Using the autotune function will mostly like work.

tuning it is not an issue TBH, the scart i/os are all preset. I'll check it out if/ when i ever get to turn the stuff on. I read that the RGB scart for a SNES and an N64 can be be different, cant remember the exact details , but with a certain set up you can get better quality from a different wiring arrangement on a dedicated SNES RGB scart, compared to a general one lead does all arrangement, I guess I could just compare it to the N64 RGB Scart I have.
    My issue is not tuning or getting it to work, this is about having one of the dedicated SNES optimum RGB leads, I should have strated that a little better in the OP.

Actually o1s1n I checked back over some posts and I think this is a lead that you recommended for me, its just that I let my stuff build up in the same corner and mix ups happen.

Looks like a third party SNES RGB SCART cable. GC cables would have 220uF capacitors on the red, green and blue lines but this cable has resistors instead.

Advertisement