Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gattuso V Joe Jorden

• 21-02-2011 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Would Joe Jorden have really have kicked Gattusos ass or is he too old? maybe in his hayday he would but surely not now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

gattuso would have like ripped his head off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Who is Joe Jorden?:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Joe Jordan would still be kicking Gattuso's head in as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

backward-clock.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Gattuso would murder him, primarily because of the age difference. I dont know what JJ is like but he is old enough to be his father. Maybe back in the day JJ would win but not now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

When's UEFA's ruling on this? I thought it was today..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

staker wrote: »

He got a 4 game ban

4 game ban for Gattuso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

UEFA cup with the Ger's prolly wouldn't appeal anyway:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Uefa's ruling - Gatusso won by TKO due to stoppage in the first round. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Professional athlete vs 60 year old man. Anyone who thinks JJ would win is a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

600full-gennaro-gattuso.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

MR NINE wrote: »
    Professional athlete vs 60 year old man. Anyone who thinks JJ would win is a fool.

I'm with Gatuso all day long,small man syndrome is lethal............

hes such a weed but i still reckon hed bash that old guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

hmm, He is a like a minature version of Manny Pacquiao

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

hmm, He is a like a minature version of Manny Pacquiao

Apart from the fact he's taller and heavier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hardly fair comparing them at the ages they are.

Jordan was an animal in his playing days: hard as nails. Probably why he's still liked in Italy - or at least, was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Any one else think Gattuso's ban was disgraceful?? 4 game ban for a headbutt and slap to the face? Should have been - at the very least - 6. I wonder if one of the smaller clubs had a player do the same thing what the retrospective ban would be..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Both in their hayday: Gattuso

If it took place today: Gattuso

This whole "ooooh, errrrrrr, Jowdin is propahr 'arrrrrd" line is nonsense spun by Sky on the night for the benefit of their primarily British audience.

Neil3030 wrote: »

This whole "ooooh, errrrrrr, Jowdin is propahr 'arrrrrd" line is nonsense spun by Sky on the night for the benefit of their primarily British audience.

When you think about it, any conversation between grown adults about which footballer would batter the other is "nonsense".

That's why they tend to be something that you don't take seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

stovelid wrote: »
    When you think about it, any conversation between grown adults about which footballer would batter the other is "nonsense".

That's why they tend to be something that you don't take seriously.

Touché, sir.

Touché, sir.

:D

/Fiver says big Joe would still kill him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Only one way to settle this.

The likes of Joe Jordan would have Gattuso for breakfast. It's nothing to do with Sky at all, I watched the game on RTE for a start, can't stand Sky ''punditry'' and I'm well capable of forming my own opinions.

Gattuso's one of these modern day ''hard-men'' that think they're untouchable because they walk around the football pitch punching the ground and screaming at opposition players.

In reality, players from the era that the likes of Joe Jordan, Billy Whitehurst, Graham Souness etc came from would kick seven shades of **** out of these modern day pretend ''hard-men'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

THFC wrote: »
    Any one else think Gattuso's ban was disgraceful?? 4 game ban for a headbutt and slap to the face? Should have been - at the very least - 6. I wonder if one of the smaller clubs had a player do the same thing what the retrospective ban would be..
    What punishment did Jordan get for stepping onto the pitch to antagonize players?

Easy enough to look at things from such a one-sided perspective really.

Paully D wrote: »
    The likes of Joe Jordan would have Gattuso for breakfast. It's nothing to do with Sky at all, I watched the game on RTE for a start, can't stand Sky ''punditry'' and I'm well capable of forming my own opinions.

Gattuso's one of these modern day ''hard-men'' that think they're untouchable because they walk around the football pitch punching the ground and screaming at opposition players.

In reality, players from the era that the likes of Joe Jordan, Billy Whitehurst, Graham Souness etc came from would kick seven shades of **** out of these modern day pretend ''hard-men'.
    So what you're saying is that anyone who played football at a particular time will somehow be tougher than anyone playing these days?
    On what exact date did this miraculous changeover occur?

AgileMyth wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that anyone who played football at a particular time will somehow be tougher than anyone playing these days?

Like we said earlier, it's not exactly scientifically proven. Jordan was acknowledged as a hard man in an era (and a league) where it really was physically dished out. Plus he was a dead-ringer for that Jaws lad in the James Bond films so it's a closed case really. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I vote for Jordan.

Gattuso thinks he headbutted Jordan. I reckon if was the other way around and it was Gattuso that was on the receiving end, he's be on the ground with a fratured eye socket and smashed nose crying for his mammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Funny, I feel the same about Gattuso.

Hard in the same way Robbie Savage was hard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

33 year-old pro athlete>>>>>>>>>>>>59 year-old former footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

What's all this pro athlete nonsense? Being a pro athlete will make you fitter, maybe stronger, depending on size, but it sure as **** doesn't make you be able to defend yourself and fight someone.

Can Gattuso throw a punch? Can he take a punch? Same applies to Jordan.

one thing is 4 certain all football players r pussys so it would be a terrible fight

I'm saying that people like Jordan, Whitehurst, Souness etc would think nothing of biting your nose off or gouging your eyes out.

They'd destroy someone who's ''hard-man'' image has been created because he goes around the place screaming and punching the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

What punishment did Jordan get for stepping onto the pitch to antagonize players?

Easy enough to look at things from such a one-sided perspective really.

Not against the rules winding up players to the best of my knowledge is it??

Headbutting an OAP is cowardly, regardless of what he's done. IMO he should have gotten an 6 game ban so he couldn't play again in this years competition.

And one side prospective??? When Kaboul made to headbutt Tioté I never once said he should have gotten a lighter punishment, likewise for most of Spurs' red cards. So don't made stupid assumptions like a good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

I'd have to side with Jordan. When Gattuso had him by the neck, he was standing there steely eyed, like there was a fly on his collar. And when he was headbutted, he didn't even flinch.

It's like them bare knuckle boxing documentaries you'd see, the auld fellas are always the most feared.

• Advertisement

Any description of what went down as a head-butt needs the trades description act applied. He pushed his head into hie face basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

stovelid wrote: »
    Any description of what went down as a head-butt needs the trades description act applied. He pushed his head into hie face basically.

He butted him with his head. I've yet to see the dictionary that describes what NM of force needs to be applied for it to be deemed legit.

People are seriously hypocritcal , if this were certain other players the "hang 'em high" banners would be flying high over the threads, but just like with Zidane, depending on who's involved, its all good to go around sticking the head in them or throwing them around , whether they've raised their hands or not.

THFC wrote: »
    Not against the rules winding up players to the best of my knowledge is it??

Headbutting an OAP is cowardly, regardless of what he's done. IMO he should have gotten an 6 game ban so he couldn't play again in this years competition.

And one side prospective??? When Kaboul made to headbutt Tioté I never once said he should have gotten a lighter punishment, likewise for most of Spurs' red cards. So don't made stupid assumptions like a good lad.
    Stepping onto the pitch to wind up players is against the rules.
    Joe Jordan is not an OAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Joe Jordan doesnt flush the toilet,
    he scares the shit out of it

Bodhisopha wrote: »

duh, from the fact Pac would destroy him in about 40 seconds...

:rolleyes:

Gattuso can be as big and as heavy as he likes, Pac would make mince of him...

blindfolded.

• Advertisement

Bodhisopha wrote: »

does thanking make ye guys feel good or something :)

seems a bit childish to me, maybe its an age thing.

*likes this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

duh, from the fact Pac would destroy him in about 40 seconds...

:rolleyes:

Gattuso can be as big and as heavy as he likes, Pac would make mince of him...

blindfolded.

Nobody said otherwise?

You said Gattuso is a miniature Pacman, he isn't, he's taller and heavier. Which was posted above.

You can't be a miniature someone if you are bigger then them.

Advertisement