Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nct, Doe, Van etc!

• 21-02-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭

Hi!

Quick query, I'm looking at a van, but its doe'd,

If i bought this is it possible to privately tax it and NCT it? as i wouldnt be using it for work

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Buffman

No, NCT will only test passanger vehicles. Even if you're taxed privately, you'll still need to get a van DOE'd.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭futurefarmer

Just to clear this up, if i buy a carvan and the tax co2 emmisons price is less than the €288 commercial tax than i can go for that option ?? i only want it for private use

Sry if its a stupid question !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

Just to clear this up, if i buy a carvan and the tax co2 emmisons price is less than the €288 commercial tax than i can go for that option ?? i only want it for private use

Sry if its a stupid question !

No if you try to change it over they put it on the old system so you'll pay on engine size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭futurefarmer

Bastards !!!

Thanks though lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

Oh yeah and it still has to be DOE'd every year even if taxed as private.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

vetstu wrote: »
    Oh yeah and it still has to be DOE'd every year even if taxed as private.

Is it legal for me to drive it privately, while taxed privately and doe'd?

for private use driving i mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Buffman

Horgan wrote: »
    Is it legal for me to drive it privately, while taxed privately and doe'd?

for private use driving i mean?

Yes it's legal. It's the only 100% legal way to drive a non-commercial use van.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement