Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sky + help ????

• 21-02-2011 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

hey :)

anyone's advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated . i have got a sky plus box ( a fairly new one ) off a friend and as i have the normal sky in my house could i just run the cable into the back of the sky + box and will it work ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Technically speaking, with the cable hooked up and your card in the SKY+ box, you'll be able to view the lower tier packages.
    No sports/movies/PPV channels tho.

To get everything working properly, I'm afraid you will need to ring sky, and tell them to pair your card with the new SKY+ box, and to activate the recording/live pause features . :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

And the op will need to upgrade LNB to a quad and run a 2nd cable to the box, in order for the Sky + functionality to work properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gerry99

thanks for replying .. your advice has been great to know . just 1 ( or 2 ) more questions , if i ring sky to ask them to switch the card over and enable the pause & play of channels then i assume that they will start to charge me extra ??? also could i just use the new sky + box to record some shows for watching back later & could i do this without having to notify sky ? sorry im just new to all this technical stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

gerry99 wrote: »
    thanks for replying .. your advice has been great to know . just 1 ( or 2 ) more questions , if i ring sky to ask them to switch the card over and enable the pause & play of channels then i assume that they will start to charge me extra ??? also could i just use the new sky + box to record some shows for watching back later & could i do this without having to notify sky ? sorry im just new to all this technical stuff

No extra charge.
    So run the additional cable (upgrading LNB on the dish if it doesnt have a spare output), Stick your card in the box, call sky and get it paired up.

I have heard someone mention here that sky refused to pair a card to a secondhand box that was registered to another contract holder but I dont know how true that is. There is never really an issue.

Advertisement