Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back into wow

Options
  • 21-02-2011 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭

I used to be a big wow player all the way up to LK, played solely on the Maelstrom for a number of years with top alliance guild but i grow tired of wow in LK as i found it had lost a lot of the challenge and had been dumbed down to much but i like the changes in the latest expansion

Looking for advice on possible guilds to join with a strong Irish community, seen a few names floating around but they all seem to be end game guilds and do not seem to be looking for people leveling :)

lvl 77 warlock / lvl 75 warrior / lvl 72 priest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

The Splish Splash Show -- Horde Outland! All relatively new players to WoW but all very well seasoned from other MMO's ... DAoC in particular. Guild will have a PvP focus but am sure will do all the other stuff too. Some have reached 85 .. others have not including me! Not a big guild but everyone is Irish afaik. Not even sure we are recruiting but will ask if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Is a thread for guild on Doomhammer on forums, lookin for many irish ppl:)

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Puding wrote: »
    I used to be a big wow player all the way up to LK, played solely on the Maelstrom for a number of years with top alliance guild but i grow tired of wow in LK as i found it had lost a lot of the challenge and had been dumbed down to much but i like the changes in the latest expansion

Looking for advice on possible guilds to join with a strong Irish community, seen a few names floating around but they all seem to be end game guilds and do not seem to be looking for people leveling :)

If you are ever on Outland, whisper any of the guys in The Splish Splash show. All Irish, good fun, doing a lot of pvp at the moment but will start doing full guild raids soon enough. Thats optional though, no one asked to do anything, pve/pvp if you want to, if you don't you don't :) Good luck regardless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Puding.

I was Maelstrom myself for a numvber of years moved Outland, run a succesful end game guild but there is plenty of social spots and levelling alts aswell.

Levelling guilds are non existant or very short term. Eventually when you hit 85, your probably going to want to pvp or do some end game pve, so you want something a bit more longterm in its life span.

www.att-outland.com to have a nosey and if you want in just give me a shout on here, I can throw you a social invite since I know you and your a good skin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

TheDoc wrote: »
    Puding.

I was Maelstrom myself for a numvber of years moved Outland, run a succesful end game guild but there is plenty of social spots and levelling alts aswell.

Levelling guilds are non existant or very short term. Eventually when you hit 85, your probably going to want to pvp or do some end game pve, so you want something a bit more longterm in its life span.

www.att-outland.com to have a nosey and if you want in just give me a shout on here, I can throw you a social invite since I know you and your a good skin ;)

will have to grab your in game name and drop you a bell, have been playing on a US server for a couple of months on a friends account, leveled a druid to 85 and played a fair amount of instances and half a dozen of the heroics so the play is to get into the swing of things in the EU as fast as possible as it is not all new

• Advertisement

will have to grab your in game name and drop you a bell, have been playing on a US server for a couple of months on a friends account, leveled a druid to 85 and played a fair amount of instances and half a dozen of the heroics so the play is to get into the swing of things in the EU as fast as possible as it is not all new

Kromus / Kromula are the two characters im on most on Outland.

Drop me an ingame message or drop me a pm here and I'll hook you up.

Are you starting from scratch ? No big deal if you are, couple of guys running new alts, I myself might be next month after I level my paladin, my 4th 85 :O

Rolled a Druid just to get me going on the server, want to move one of my old toons over more than likely either the warlock or priest, have more experiance with the lock but priest I would imagine will open more doors,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Im gonna be moving over one of my chars to that server soon enough. More then likely a priest to join The Splish Splash Show

Rolled a Druid just to get me going on the server, want to move one of my old toons over more than likely either the warlock or priest, have more experiance with the lock but priest I would imagine will open more doors,

Good warlocks are in high demand in endgame at the moment.

Essential for hard modes, I know we are screaming for a good warlock for our heroic modes.

But obviously a Priest gives you options as both a healer and dps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Locks are producing crazy stats at the moment, deffintly a nerf bat in the works, then mages will once again be in demand, always a seesaw with those two calsses

• Advertisement

Columc wrote: »
    Locks are producing crazy stats at the moment, deffintly a nerf bat in the works, then mages will once again be in demand, always a seesaw with those two calsses

swings and round abouts, when have locks not being swinging between over powered and useless, started playing my lock in vanilla wow, in those days the only reason people would take you to molton core was for banish, infact i went to MC at 59 after being boosted thought the pre quest as they had a shortage, lots of memory's :)

well brought cat and reactivated acc, moved to new server complete, thank you for the advice guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Wilmaya

Would be interesting to hear opinions after returning. Ive been off from the game myself for 6 months for getting bored, got a lvl80 warrior and lvl 80 DK and Im still one of our own guild leaders because they are expecting me back :rolleyes:
    Is there a big difference from ICC raids compared to Cata?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Wilmaya wrote: »
    Is there a big difference from ICC raids compared to Cata?

Yes and No. Since cata is still fairly new, the raid instances are still 'Tier 1'. However, they are a lot harder than the tier 1 raids of any previous expansion. While the basic concept of raiding hasnt changed, and apart from one or two gimmick fights there isnt really a huge amount of new mechanics, The fights are generally a little more unforgiving on players rather than the group as a whole which will result in more attrition in your guild than you are used to.

Pugging exists but to a much lesser extent than it did during ICC but then again icc was the last tier of content and were only in the first, that will change as time goes on. The main difference in this expansions is that 10 man raiding drops the same loot as 25 man so you can do whichever suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

You say splish i say splash its the SPLISH PLASH SHOW !!!!1

Advertisement