Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what type of dogs do ye have?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

We have a 15month old female (sable coloured) GSD called Ruby and an approx. 4yr old rescue White GSD called Marlowe. They sleep in our utility room at night in their beds. They have 2 luxury dog houses outside and they potter about between them, the garden and the house during the day....I dont think ive ever seen two dogs so inseparable!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Nollipop

We have a BIG softie of a retired greyhound (almost 30 inches at the shoulder and weighs 35 kilos!) who will be 5 in April.

He sleeps on his giant beanbag and fluffy fleece quilt in front of the telly in the living room. Before he arrived one of our friends stayed over on it and proclaimed it extremely cosy.:D

My last dog (black fluffy collie cross) was my father's until he died and then came to live with me at the ripe old age of 12 as it was unlikely he would be rehomed, being so old. He was deaf as a post and could only see about a foot in front of his nose.

He followed me around the house until the day he died just over a year later, poor old boy. He even came to the pub with me as I hated leaving him alone! He slept at the foot of the bed. Tried to train him to sleep in a crate, but felt too sorry for him in the end.

Both dogs would have been the best of mates, they are/were so placid and calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BCollie

I have a Border Collie almost 3years old full of energy and loves lots of exercise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

I have a 4 year old C.K.C.S. He sleeps in the kitchen/dining room on the couch (I'd say the last time he slept in his bed was years ago, the couch is waay comfier:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I have 2... umm... what the vet called Cockapoos!
    Let's just call them Spaniel terrier x's! :D
    They're hitting 5 in April I think, and are supposedly sisters! (They're rescues, so don't know much about them)
    They've the run of the house, and sleep on, in, or near the bed as the fancy takes them! :rolleyes:

It might sound mad- I'd love to have more dogs, but I'd be afraid the first two would be jealous, or well... I couldn't have more than 2 dogs in a bedroom, so I'd be afraid that any new ones would be jealous of the first 2 being allowed sleep in the bedroom! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I have two :D

The first one is Alfie and he's an 11month old collie/cojack cross :D I got him as a pup when my boyfriend's parents two dogs bred together. (They rescued a dog from being put down but were told it was neutered obviously it wasn't)

The second puppy is our new addition REX :D He's only 2 months old and is a German Shepard/Alsatian.. my boyfriend rescued him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Waterfordlass

Op, I am so sorry about the loss of your angel.

Our 6 1/2 year old Heinz 57 Princess is the light of our lives. She rules the house and is a real Daddy's girl.
    She has a puppy bed in every room apart from the kitchen/hall and bathroom, and sleeps where the heck she likes. Though her favourite place is on the couch. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

A golden retriever, I swear he is the laziest dog in Ireland.
    But heads off for little walks on his own. Stands outside the national school and watches the children at lón and sos.
    In his younger days used to join in football games.
    Getting on a bit now and his breed is known for hip problems and arthritis and he's included in this. He's getting very slow and stiff. Spends evenings by the radiator or fire and sleeps inside.
    He's brilliant with children

Border collie too, rarely see her and she is always out and about.
    Lambing season she sleeps up in the straw at the farm and only comes back to the house for food before heading off again.
    A trojan worker, loves nothing more then working with sheep, they hate here though and she's gotten a few pucks in her time from a cross and protective ewe.

However.....she's snappy and bossy around small children. She's sees children crawling and she'd nip them and try to herd them. :eek:
    That has to be watched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Airedale Terrier and Shih Tzu,
    They live in there shed out back, Possibly the two biggest planks of dogs Ive ever seen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

2 Akitas and 1 cavalier (our other cav died last year from parvo of all things despite his vacs :()
    They sleep in the utility room in the winter but during the warm months they prefer to sleep out in their nice cosy dog run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Incheerocket

I have 3 dogs, a big beautiful wolfhound aged 6yrs, a 2yr old springer spaniel and a 7yr old mix terrier type ish!! I work during the day and they are outside, however they all have the use of a proper brick and block built insulated kennel where they have beds and vet bed fleece, I am fortunate to have the space to do this, but as soon as I am home and weekends they are house dogs and very much part of the family:)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tulipi

I have one dog - a little pug who's 9 months old. She's such a character and makes us so happy :) She has a crate that she's supposed to sleep in but more often than not she moves to the couch in the middle of the night to sleep by the radiator

• Registered Users Posts: 10 robanne

Hungarian vizsla and terrier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I have a miniture Jack Russell Terrier who rules the roust. She's a little diva but I love her.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Have a Chocolate Labrador Puppy 11 weeks now, likes to 'help' us redecorate and re-arrange items so we can't find them, mainly our draft excluder which is 3 times the size of her!:D

Advertisement