Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quietish pubs near Wellington Quay?

Options
  • 21-02-2011 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Yet another question ... I've gone and booked myself a few nights in The Clarence and am wondering if you've any great tips on good (quietish) pubs within a five minute or so walk of the place? I don't really want to end up in touristy places, ah you know what I mean.

Thanks a mil :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I love Brogans on Dame Street. It's just two doors down from the Olympia so should be esay to find. If there's something on in the Olympia it can be quite busy before and after but it's never too mental. Nice staff and great Guinness.

Also, the Lord Edward by Christchurch (just across the road from the Cathedral) is another nice quiet spot, especially upstairs - it's like being in someone's house for pints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'd second upstairs in the Lord Edward.

If you cross over the river and go up Capel Street there's a pub a few doors up on the left called Nealon's - nice spot for a quiet pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Bowes on Fleet street is a good spot too, would recommend The Long Hall too but both can get busy on Thursday to Saturday.
    Chaplins on Hawkens street is a nice spot too, as is Mulligans but that can get quite busy around the weekend.
    Or just go to Brogans, Ben will look after ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The Workman's Club right next door to the Clarence is worth visiting though it might not be quiet!

http://www.theworkmansclub.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭George83

Thanks all!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'd second upstairs in the Lord Edward.

If you cross over the river and go up Capel Street there's a pub a few doors up on the left called Nealon's - nice spot for a quiet pint.

Seconded on Nealons. Great spot for a quiet pint.
    Would have recommended Slatterys prior to last weekend, when we were told that we "were leaving the table in a mess" and eyed constantly by the barman!

You've also got The Porterhouse across the bridge in Temple Bar.

Advertisement