Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will disco1 parts fit disco 2

• 21-02-2011 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Well lads just a quick question if anyone could help me, would a 300tdi engine from a 94 disco fit into the engine bay and gear box of a 02 disco? Thanks to anyone who can answer this for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Forget it, way too many differences although the gearboxes are the same so although the engine would bolt to it, you couldn't connect any of the electronics or use the high pressure fuel system, exhaust, ABS, ETC HDC etc etc

That's assuming the D2 was a Td5 and not a V8, if a V8 it won't even fit the gearbox.

Have you got a D2 with a dead or problem engine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Tomfrancey

101sean wrote: »
    Forget it, way too many differences although the gearboxes are the same so although the engine would bolt to it, you couldn't connect any of the electronics or use the high pressure fuel system, exhaust, ABS, ETC HDC etc etc

That's assuming the D2 was a Td5 and not a V8, if a V8 it won't even fit the gearbox.

Have you got a D2 with a dead or problem engine?

Well 101sean, thanks for your reply, I was thinking it wouldn't fit alright but I have a 300tdi engine for sale and a guy rang me looking to buy it and he wanted to fit it into a 02 but I guess that sale is out the window.

I think I have seen your name popping up on other threads about land rovers before you seem to now your stuff about them. Thanks for your reply sean ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

There's others who know a lot more than me, they're not on here though! :D

You shouldn't have any trouble selling a 300Tdi, they make a good retro-fit for older 90/110 engines.

Advertisement