Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Ps3

Options
  • 21-02-2011 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

If any body has this on Ps3 can you tell me what its like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have it, Really mixed bag. I never played the 1st but liked the idea of free roam around a massive island. I traded Hot Pursuit for it (got as much out of it as I could) and I actually really like this. It definitely has its flaws and the devs royally F*CKED it up but releasing a broken game. A lot of people couldn't even start the game up. Patches were released and still being released to fix little issues.

Its an MMO racer where you can have a perfectly fine Single player experience but if you're logged into PSN, your island turns into a multiplayer map where ton of other people driving around and you can flash em for quick races or joing a good lot of multiplayer modes.

By driving around, you discover things like car dealers, clothes shops, tuner shops, etc. Game levels you by competition (winning races), discovery (driving around on new roads and finding locations), social (playing multiplayer races and making friends on TDU) and I can't remember the 4th one!

You start as a valet but get the chance to enter a racing competition. Story is laughably bad, as in the dialogue is attrocious but it's like they know it is and just making fun of it.

You go to driving schools for the following classes - Asphalt (sports cars), Classic (classic cars), and Offroad (jeeps, etc). When you get your license, you can enter new races.

The handling is really hard to get used to, car will be spinning all over the shop and it has gotten a lot of complaints on the official forums. All the cars handle very differently and you can test drive cars before buying to find one that is good for you. You can add decals to the car through the sticker shop and tune it for better performance as well. On the social side, you can invite TDU 'friencds' to your house to voice chat or show off your cars. You can buy a load of houses (you will need to fit more cars). You start in a trailer with a 2 car garage.

I have gotten the 3 licenses on Ibiza (you can also fly to Ohahu later in the game for a whole other huge island to roam around on) so I have only touched the surface but I can see myself putting in a lot of time on this!

I saw a vid on youtube where a guy has a million dollar yacht and his Veyron is parked in the bottom of the boat with windows looking out under the water, looked class. Look up a few gameplay vids on youtube. And if you get it, feel free to add me Sheehy83.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

well thats more thwn i could have asked for cheers man. ill get it when i have the money hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I loved the first one a lot even with it's flaws. Too many games coming out now to get this just yet, but I'm sure I will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

I loved the first one a lot even with it's flaws. Too many games coming out now to get this just yet, but I'm sure I will.
    Yeah Killzone 3, Homefront, Brink and crap load more and i only got dosh for one:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

amy001 wrote: »
    I was veryThe office DVD skeptical before seeing this show. I thought it was totally unnecessary remake of a hit instead of just the original broadcast. But now I'm a big fan of this show. It's fun and sometimes a little too familiar. Michael Scott (Steve Carrel) is large, Dwight is fun, and I love to see Jim and PamYour baby can read DVD plan their trips.Do not judge based on show for new episodes. The first two seasons are much more than a third (current) one.If you are looking for something to do between Thursday and next, see the The tribe DVDcompany of Max Barry. It's a hilarious satire of politics and business offices General'm management.I so glad I saw this series a serial number. For a moment I feared I was alone and was quickly annulled. Fortunately, it is starting to get a good read mainly to increasesScrubs DVD in Steve Carell (40 Year Old Virgin). Although it is hysterical as Michael Scott, the rest of the cast deserves much credit. This is a first-rate cast, and the stories are interesting and fun. Anyone who has worked in an office can relate Prison break DVDto most of this show. Whether out of rhythm Dwight, Jim and Pam or underlying romance that may or may not arise. Great DVD, with deleted scenes and some greatly. Take this place and see a great show.

WTF haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement