Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adamstown Railway station - Is there Parking?

• 21-02-2011 10:12pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering is there daily parking there at Adamstown railway station?

Have to go into the City for a meeting on Thurs morning for 9am and back out to work in Baldonnell, I am driving from Mayo.
    Was thinking of parking the car there and getting the 20 past 8 train into City.

Was 1/2 thinking of getting the Luas P&R from the Red Cow but I don't know how to get to it from the West side so might not be a great idea :)

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,771 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

yop wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wondering is there daily parking there at Adamstown railway station?

Have to go into the City for a meeting on Thurs morning for 9am and back out to work in Baldonnell, I am driving from Mayo.
    Was thinking of parking the car there and getting the 20 past 8 train into City.

Was 1/2 thinking of getting the Luas P&R from the Red Cow but I don't know how to get to it from the West side so might not be a great idea :)

Thanks very much

There is parking at Adamstown railway station, but it's not free. The next station on that railway line is Fonthill, where parking IS free. It's easier to get to than Adamstown for you coming from Mayo

Where is your meeting in town though? The train servicing Adamstown and Fonthill terminates at Heuston station, at least 2km from the City centre.

The red cow Luas OTOH will bring you right into the City centre. To get there is easy. On the N4 take the exit for Ballyowen lane (the exit after the one signposted Adamstown / Newcastle), take a right at the end of the slip road and keep going straight until you hit the N7. Turn on to the N7 in the direction of Dublin and follow the signs for the Luas P&R (within 2km)

Let us know if you've any other question!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ah right so that next exit takes me onto the Naas road. Its probably quicker than trying to get onto the M50.

I never copped that, it will make life a lot easier as I know that LUAS service and I am going to Jervis street.
    Thanks very much.

yop wrote: »
    Ah right so that next exit takes me onto the Naas road. Its probably quicker than trying to get onto the M50.

Absolutely! The road (R136) is called the outer ring road as opposed to the M50 which is the inner ring road. Even in very light traffic you'd save at least 20 minutes by not getting onto the M50 for that journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Tomtdowling

unkel wrote: »
    There is parking at Adamstown railway station, but it's not free. The next station on that railway line is Fonthill, where parking IS free. It's easier to get to than Adamstown for you coming from Mayo

Let us know if you've any other question!

I am not a regular user of Boards but I just wanted to correct the above information.

The is no charge at Adamstown Train Station fees were removed over a year ago to encourage more people to use the train station.

I am not a regular user of Boards but I just wanted to correct the above information.

The is no charge at Adamstown Train Station fees were removed over a year ago to encourage more people to use the train station.

Thanks for the update, Tom! The parking charges over there never made sense to me in the first place. Glad to see they're gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Just wondering has this changed with more people using the train station with the new Phoenix park tunnel line? As far as i can tell most spaces are marked with Wheelchair accessible markings but everyone still parks there. Do clampers visit? Is it generally considered safe to leave a car there all day?

Advertisement