Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Master McGrath

Options
  • 21-02-2011 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Help!

I have been searching online for weeks and haven't been able to source the sheet music for The Dubliner's Master McGrath for the whistle, there are loads of sites with the guitar chords and I've figured out the basic notes but I haven't been able to find the whistle solo at the introduction to the song anywhere.

If anyone has the notes or can steer me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. I've checked every link in the sticky at the beginning of the forum and have exhausted the google search.

I've been asked to play it for a family occasion but am hitting a brick wall trying to source the notes, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Great song, your family have great taste.

Try searching for 'A row in the town'/'Erin Go Bragh', it's the same tune but more popular hence more likely to be available on sheet music.

Also a great song with brilliant lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'll go one better, here it is:

http://martindardis.com/id787.html

Get practicing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Cailin Maith

Go raibh míle maith agat, your an absoloute star and your help is really appreciated.

I thought I'd never find it.

Thank you again

Advertisement