Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephens Green to Christchurch

Options
  • 21-02-2011 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

How long in a taxi does it take to get from say the shopping center on Stephens Green to the Cathedral in Christchurch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

It's about a 20 min walk so less than 10 mins in a taxi??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,311 ✭✭✭markpb

Depends on traffic. I did it at 6.50pm two weeks ago in a taxi and it took 20+ minutes because of heavy traffic. Normally it would be much faster.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

at 4am during the week not even 5mins

rush hour 30mins

walking time 20 mins max (probably less then this )

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

1.5-2 km.
    about 5 mins without too much traffic.
    1. stephens green
    2. dawson street
    3. nasau street
    4. dame street
    5. christ church place

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

kceire wrote: »
    1.5-2 km.
    about 5 mins without too much traffic.
    1. stephens green (north)
    2. dawson street
    3. nasau street
    4. Suffolk Street
    5. College Green
    6. dame street
    7. Lord Edward Street
    8. christ church place

Just to be accurate :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

I'd use a different route - here which is 1.3km (versus 1.5km using the Nassau Street route). While with traffic, Bride St can take a little time to clear, its probably quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

crosstownk wrote: »
    Just to be accurate :D
    Aren't you forgetting Church Lane and Cork Hill? :pac: We can fight over Fishamble Street (it originally went from Wood Quay to Castle Street) and is currently a bit ambiguous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Victor wrote: »
    Aren't you forgetting Church Lane and Cork Hill? :pac: We can fight over Fishamble Street (it originally went from Wood Quay to Castle Street) and is currently a bit ambiguous.

No, I'm not forgetting about them. It's worse than that, I'm not aware of them :o I try to be a smartarse and get caught out - again!

Where are these streets? I don't see any reference to them on the OS map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

richardjjd wrote: »
    I'd use a different route - here

The only thing is, those lights at Glovers Alley/Mercer Street are the slowest ever. You wouldn't want to get caught there if it's just gone from amber to red, you could be sitting there for ages waiting for them to turn green again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Victor wrote: »
    crosstownk wrote: »
    No, I'm not forgetting about them. It's worse than that, I'm not aware of them :o I try to be a smartarse and get caught out - again!

Where are these streets? I don't see any reference to them on the OS map.

but isint the church entrance off Christchurch Place and hence you wouldnt need to travel Fishamble Street or Cork Hill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

kceire wrote: »
    but isint the church entrance off Christchurch Place and hence you wouldnt need to travel Fishamble Street or Cork Hill?

Cork Hill goes from Crane Lane to Castle Street.
    http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,715390,734075,7,9
    http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,715335,734016,7,9

Fishamble Street goes (or at least used to) from Wood Quay to Castle Street.
    http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,715172,734150,7,8
    http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,715182,733940,7,8

Advertisement