Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ecofloor heat mat

Options
  • 21-02-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

in the process of putting down a heat mat in the bathroom. i have to extend the mat cable and the cable for the floor temp sender to bring them out of the wet zone, is it ok to use the same cable for both, ie extend them using a single 5 core nym or do i have to use two separate cables.
    secondly, if i use a 20amp rcbo to feed the controler/stat do i need to fit a spur aswell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

in the process of putting down a heat mat in the bathroom. i have to extend the mat cable and the cable for the floor temp sender to bring them out of the wet zone, is it ok to use the same cable for both, ie extend them using a single 5 core nym or do i have to use two separate cables.
    secondly, if i use a 20amp rcbo to feed the controler/stat do i need to fit a spur aswell.

If the floor temp sender is extra low voltage which i would think it is, then you would be as well to use seperate cables and not have ELV and 230v in the same cable i would say anyway.

Also i think a fused spur should be fitted beside the controller too.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

robbie7730 wrote: »
    If the floor temp sender is extra low voltage which i would think it is, then you would be as well to use seperate cables and not have ELV and 230v in the same cable i would say anyway.

Also i think a fused spur should be fitted beside the controller too.

thanks robbie, after reading the booklet it says keep them separate.
    no prob fitting a spur, just stick them in a dual drylined box beside each other. thanks again

Advertisement