Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry Murphy living in Navan....?

Options
  • 21-02-2011 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

anyone know if this is true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TurkeyBurger

It is unlikely that he is in the country at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭eefums

i actually heard at the weekend it was trim he was living in altho maybe htat was supposed to be trim road navan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

eefums wrote: »
    i actually heard at the weekend it was trim he was living in altho maybe htat was supposed to be trim road navan?

+1, supposed to be Trim! And apparently there was a lot of Garda cars in Dunderry at the weekend, so the locals thought it might be because of him. I doubt however the Gardai would make it that obvious if he was living around there.

According to last Sunday's Independent he's abroad.

I think we'll be safe though as he is being closely monitored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

kelle wrote: »
    +1, supposed to be Trim! And apparently there was a lot of Garda cars in Dunderry at the weekend, so the locals thought it might be because of him. I doubt however the Gardai would make it that obvious if he was living around there.

According to last Sunday's Independent he's abroad.

I think we'll be safe though as he is being closely monitored.

Sadly, you shouldn't count on it

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/rapist-attacked-woman-just-hours-after-release-how-could-it-happen-2547595.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

:mad:

What I think should be done to these fellas is unprintable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Geranium40

I heard he is definitely in Trim. A group of people went to Garda station, and they wouldn't deny he is there. Apparently, due to date Sex Offenders Act came in, there is no onus to inform Gardai where he is living. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

When he moved to Spain, it sparked a wave of panic among women near his new home and Spanish police decided to keep him under surveillance.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

i would say there is a good chance there is somebody called larry murphy living in navan-trim area.
    if it is the guy who got out of jail last year i doubt it.

this thread could have being opened in any county in ireland and you would get somebody sayin they heard off somebody who heard it from there mates cousins GFs mother that he is in the town-village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I heard celbridge myself. Seems to be a bit like those fearmongering emails to start a wide spread panic. Well he has to live somewhere I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I heard celbridge myself. Seems to be a bit like those fearmongering emails to start a wide spread panic. Well he has to live somewhere I suppose.

That has been denied by Gardaí.

Gardai in Celbridge have reassured residents that suspected serial killer Larry Murphy is not living among them.

The Co Kildare town has been beset with rumours that the country's most notorious rapist has moved there in the past few weeks.

But the reported sightings have been dismissed by gardai.

Sergeant Brian Sheridan of Celbridge told the Herald: "It's rubbish. We have an idea of who has been spreading the rumour on internet forums and it's just mischievous nonsense.
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/murphy-is-not-in-celbridge-gardai-2533996.html

Serial rapist Michael Murray moved to an affluent part of Dublin after his release.

The area is near to where he carried out one of his terrifying sex attacks. Murray, who attacked six women, raping four of them, over six days in 1995 was released from prison last July after serving 13 years.

On his release he looked for a court injunction to stop newspapers from publishing photos of him, his location and place of employment. He claimed he had been harassed by the press since his release
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/freed-rapists-who-have-sparked-a-wave-of-fear-and-panic-2547596.html

Now thats someone who needs watching.
    Larry Murphy is in Spain apparently still under supervision of police.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I’m going to close this thread on this note ^^^

Posts that were scare-mongering, advocating violence and one or two others have been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement