Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost passport in ALT

Options
  • 21-02-2011 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Taking a long shot and posting this.

Possibly lost/was stolen in ALT nightclub in Dublin on Saturday 19th of Feb.

Name on it is Maher.

Reward offered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

karpo wrote: »
    Reward offered.

How much ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

How much ?

Why would this matter? It's a passport - it's of absolutely no use to anyone else but the bearer, especially if it's not returned as it will then be reported as stolen and anyone attempting to use it will end up in prison.
    My best guess? Less than the 90 odd euro it would take to replace the passport. Though why anyone who found one wouldn't just return it is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 karpo

Unless some 16 year old looking for an 18+ ID found it! And judging from the place I was in this is quite possible. Hopefully it's handed in to a Garda station or something though. Will save a huge amount of hassle and I think it's up to 100 euro now to get replacements.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Did you call the venue and ask them to check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 karpo

Annoyingly enough, the venue has no phones? They only have email and haven't gotten back to me. Most likely won't get a reply till next weekend so will have to go in during the week.

• Advertisement

Ah crap. If you're going in and they haven't replied pop in about an hour before opening hours and bang on the door! There should be someone in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Get onto them on Facebook, usually quick to reply on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Twee. wrote: »
    Ah crap. If you're going in and they haven't replied pop in about an hour before opening hours and bang on the door! There should be someone in there.

For most places I'd recommend this but from experience the bouncers there aren't helpful at all. Check their facebook, it's usually a pretty quick reply there.

Which is why I suggested before opening hours! There'll usually be bar staff and probably a bar manager in before anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

i stupidly left my passport in my coat when i was in dandelion st stephens green on friday night. coat went missing. i've been hoping someone picked up my coat by accident and i might get the passport back but its starting to look unlikely. couldn't care less about the coat but the hassle of having to replace the passport is annoying me :mad:

i know your pain karpo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Hopefully you'll get it back.

Apply for an agecard though, only 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Hopefully you'll get it back.

Apply for an agecard though, only 10 euro.

Lot of places don't accept Agecards though. Nor driving licences.

I lost my passport in Amsterdam before, just a new one, 1 month old for 10 years ( I lost the previous one) and then here I go again, losing it a month later :rolleyes: So managed to get back from Amsterdam without a passport, few days later, got a email via Facebook saying that if I lost anything in Amsterdam. Told him yeah my passport, gave details blah blah. He found it and offered to post it to me via secure post which was 8 euros. I gave him 15 euros for it anyways. Legend of a man!

The passport office would have no doubt been asking me questions as to why I lost it for the second time in 2 months! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Lot of places don't accept Agecards though. Nor driving licences

I have never been refused entry anywhere with my age card. If you're not getting in with an age card, you're probably not likely to get in with a passport either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Report it to the Garda straight away.Passports are big sellers.
    I hope you get it back and someone is not greedy enough to look for a reward for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

i stupidly left my passport in my coat when i was in dandelion st stephens green on friday night. coat went missing. i've been hoping someone picked up my coat by accident and i might get the passport back but its starting to look unlikely. couldn't care less about the coat but the hassle of having to replace the passport is annoying me :mad:

i know your pain karpo!!

Coat thieves i hate them :mad: Make sure you report it as stolen passport.

Advertisement