Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Eye

Options
  • 22-02-2011 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi Guys

I have a Sky + box which is correctly setup to distribute the signal to 2 other rooms in the house. My problem is the Sky remote control will not work through the Sky Eye.

The wall socket is compatible.
    I have tried to shortened the cable going into the wall.

I would appreciate any help on this one.

Cheers
    Mardee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

What distribution amplifier are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mardee

Hi
    The distribution amplifier i am using is a F180 Professional 8 way distribution amplifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

The F180 amplifier requires an external powersupply to be plugged in...do u have this ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Have you turned on the 12v power setting for RF 2 output in the installers menu on your sky box?. it's often off by default

Yes

• Advertisement

Yes

Hi

I have taken the magic eye and connected it directly into the RF2 out put on the back of the Sky + box and when i change the channel it works.

Not sure what this means but i assume it rules out problem with the eye ?

Could it be a problem with the amplifier ?

Cheers

Mardee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

steveon wrote: »
    The F180 amplifier requires an external powersupply to be plugged in...do u have this ??

Bypass the amp and see if it works when connected directly to the secondary room...

Do u have the amp plugged in as I previously asked

Hello

Yes i have power going to the amplifier. I will try by passing the amp later and let you know how i get on.

Thanks

Mardee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Mardee wrote: »
    Hi

I have taken the magic eye and connected it directly into the RF2 out put on the back of the Sky + box and when i change the channel it works.

Not sure what this means but i assume it rules out problem with the eye ?

Could it be a problem with the amplifier ?

Cheers

Mardee

Your sky box could be picking up the signal from the remote and not the eye (Just a maybe).

• Advertisement

i used the remote from the back of the Sky box. So i don't think so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

There are several possibilities. I recommend you download the instructions and work through them.
    http://www.satcure.com/tech/tvlink2.htm

Advertisement