Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 network on iphone thats unlocked?

Options
  • 22-02-2011 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

ok guys i picked up a 3 sim tonight on bill pay and after a disaster with the phone shop (went in to get an iphone and ended up leaving with a htc)

anyway the guy in the shop told me i couldnt just buy a sim on 30 day contract as the iphone i already had didnt have the 3 settings on it -- is this true ? can i not download the 3 carrier settings and use that ?

so now i have a htc which im finding difficult to work around and 2 iphones lying around

any help with either carrier settings or info on whether or not using my unlocked iphone with a 3 sim will leave me paying the wrong tarriff would be a great help

i have tried googling it but cant seem to find the carrier settings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yes just enter the APN details, ask on the iphone forum for specifics.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭focusowner

are u serious ? ive been saddled with an 18 month contract for a phone i didnt want :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

focusowner wrote: »
    are u serious ? ive been saddled with an 18 month contract for a phone i didnt want :mad:

Why did you buy a phone you didn't want:confused:, iphone4 was the one to get and sell off your 3G's

"we dont have any 4gs and wont have either for at least a month"

can i use my existing iphone "no ul have to buy a new phone to enable it to be used " ok

so i end up leaving with a phone i dont want or need

i have 14 days to bring it back so will be gettin back to them tomorrow with it because as far as i can see it they have lied to me to sell a phone !

focusowner wrote: »
    "we dont have any 4gs and wont have either for at least a month"

can i use my existing iphone "no ul have to buy a new phone to enable it to be used " ok

so i end up leaving with a phone i dont want or need

i have 14 days to bring it back so will be gettin back to them tomorrow with it because as far as i can see it they have lied to me to sell a phone !

The 4g's are due back in 3 stores next week, you could have easily used one of your other phone's if it was unlocked.
    You don't have 14 days to bring it back, it can only be returned for a coverage problem. I would be going to the store tomorrow.

Why the panic you could have held out or went to a different 3 store...

Have you 3G coverage with the HTC in the house?

• Advertisement

yes i have some coverage but not as good as the iphone had that i had been testing yesterday

i rang all local stores and was told there would be none for a few weeks

Take it back to the dude, he said 14 days return, put your name on the list for iPhone 4 in a 3 store.

can i return it and not have a phone with them at all that was my original plan until i was told i couldnt ?

i have reset my phone and it automatically updated to its 3 settings

TBH they completely lied to you, go back and complain to the manager. Make them take the htc back, do not take no for an answer. Make sure the cowboy salesperson gets what they deserve.

pity im working tomorrow cos im so angry right now i could rip his head off

had to also pay 150 euro deposit for the flippin phone to be returned by 3 in 6 months :mad:

• Advertisement

Take it back and just get a sim only deal off them or some other store. You were advised wrongly.

Don't lose the rag in the shop, stay calm. If they give you grief your next step is to send an email to 3 head office. Note down all dates and times etc. Sort this out sooner rather than later.

thanks guys for the advice

really need a drink lol nerves gettin to me

The 14 Day money back Guarantee only applies to customers who have experienced verifiable network coverage issues as confirmed by 3. For more information, please see three.ie/coverage.

as copied from 3 website

think im screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

i rang them there now and they were far from the happy chappys they were last night

and basically said they didnt tell me that i couldnt use the iphone wtf

im calling back to them tonight with the phone and the contract

Advertisement