Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to record a gig in Dublin on Sunday *SOS*

Options
  • 22-02-2011 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anybody here record live shows or indeed know anyone that does?

My 80s tribute band are recording a video in The Workman's on Sunday and I need someone with splits and a recorder to tape the gig to multitrack and possibly mix it too.

Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I do but using splitters etc is expensive and a real pain in the hoop, 'cause you need loads of cable and extra mic amps etc.

It's an LS-9 desk in there AFIK. Do they have digital outs fitted?
    You might not need the splitters etc.

If they have or will let you install MY8-AT cards into it, I could do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Thanks. They're of the opinion in there that they can't offer separate outs unfortunately.

Thanks. They're of the opinion in there that they can't offer separate outs unfortunately.

Will they let you stick say 16 channels of Adat into the desk? 16 is enough?

I'll double check it. It still presents the problem of what to plug the adat pipe into to record unfortunately. :(

Also two on the channel list required for capturing the audience.

I'll double check it. It still presents the problem of what to plug the adat pipe into to record unfortunately. :(

Also two on the channel list required for capturing the audience.

I have a Adat box way into the lapper running Logic 9. We can plug the audience mic's into the desk and simply not send it to the FOH.

• Advertisement

The query is with them to see if it's got an ADAT card in there.

If this turns up useless and if we had the splits do you think you could handle this gig the old fashioned non-ADAT way?

The query is with them to see if it's got an ADAT card in there.

If this turns up useless and if we had the splits do you think you could handle this gig the old fashioned non-ADAT way?

Those splits will be Mic level, we'll need line level for an analogue input. I'll be in Dublin for just the weekend, I won't have the time to sort out the cabling and desk and the rest of it. I've analog and digital, I'd rather stick in the digital domain.

Will PM ya later.

If anyone else has the analog technology to do this, please feel free to chip in folks!! I don't mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Komodo Studios

I'm actually doing this on Friday this week. I'm fully mobile with a PT HD rig with as many inputs as you want. I can also run a backup system simultaneously if necessary with up to 18 channels.

I've got one of these in progress at the minute and can probably provide a testimonial from the drummer/full time video editor from the band in question. I've not cleared getting a testimonial, but since he's already sent me a bottle of wine, I know he's happy so far :)

Pres include Audient, CLM Dynamics, Focusrite ISA or Octopre, Allen and Heath and I can get more esoteric if you like (Neve Portico, Amek, Toft etc.)

I can either mix in the box or on an SSL E/G series in Westland Studios in Dublin 2.

Audience mics: I tend to use AKG 3000 as they're cheap and cheerful and do the job, but if you want to use 2U87, fine, but it'll cost ya! Other options are AKG Perception 150 as they're unobtrusive or SE Ribbons.

PM me with a number and I'll call you ASAP, hopefully tonight. I won't get back tomorrow in all likelihood as I'll be out all day recording on the North coast until late.

Advertisement