Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 contract question

Options
  • 22-02-2011 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm coming towards the end of my existing 18 month contract with o2 Ireland. I have been a bill customer with them for well over 5 yrs without any issues. However recently in a call from o2 customer support, offering me new terms if I signed an 18 month extension (basically €5) off my existing deal.

I said that I will take my time and look around at offers as I hadn't done so yet, that 5 quid off wasnt very attractive offer for an extra 18month contract. I was told that the new offer can't be guaranteed to be available to me in April when it's time for me to renew. Basically he sounded very threatening to sign up or else face massive bills when my current contract expires.

What I wanted to know is can o2 just start charging what try like when my current deal runs out or are they obliged to match my existing contract t&c on a rolling month by month basis?

Any help greatly appreciated,
    Styles

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

Firstly what is your current tariff with o2? I would be very careful signing upto a new contract as o2 now only offer upgrades when your contract is up. Also they have changed the contracts so make sure you know what you are getting off them. Also I would look at what network you call/text mostly and shop around. O2 are the most expensive network at the moment followed closely by Vodafone. No they can't change you off your current tariff even if you are out of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 styles82

I'm paying €65 a month for unlimited texts, 300mins calls and unlimited download. They offered me €60 for the same package. I already got stung on the last contract with the 18month phone upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

If you upgrade to new plan your data will be reduced to 1gb. How much data a month u use? As I said look around. Have a close look what network you call/text. Most operators offer free calls/texts to their own network on plans so you may save money on tariffs. Also make sure you have good signal strength if moving operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement