Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another huge earthquake in Christchurch

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Another quake in Christchurch in the last hour. USGS reporting it as a 5.2, and some damage to buildings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MR Love

****ing hell not again. thats all they need even though there doesnt seem to be any casualties that aint cool. After whats happened people would have feared the worst. I Hope everyone is OK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Poor feckers must have no nerves left at all. If you can't trust the Earth to be secure what can you trust?

Now fearing people trapped in collapsed buildings :(

5137359.jpg

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/christchurch-earthquake-2011/5136644/Powerful-earthquake-rocks-Christchurch

5137706_600x400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Whew. Finally, we came through one ok!

Wow, such a completely different experience, we're just about far north enough (Shirley/Marshlands) to have avoided the liquefaction, and the house is still standing strong and we still have water! (though ours has just been put in fresh and new after the february one left us without flushing toilets for over two months).

Absolutely gutted though, just for the city in general. Was sitting with my flatmate at the time, and when it went from just general shaking to getting shakier instead of stopping, there was just this weird moment of 'oh ****, will it never never end, i just want it to end', but oh well. Heart goes out to everyone who's been ****ed over again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Glad to hear your fine, with an intact house Crumble Froo! Was thinking of you since I heard about the latest shaking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Thanks dude. Much appreciated. :) Just had a sweet as **** weekend in Wellington/Dunedin, coming back to Christchurch on Wednesday, fresh and rejuvenated and ready to fight again :D

Advertisement