If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.1 system?

Options
  • 22-02-2011 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

My bro is looking for a 2.1 system, he is looking for something that can be stand mounted or floor standing (not too imposing!)
    but the bad bit... budget is 600 euro any ideas?
    hes open to a soundbar if it can compete in terms of sound quality
    he also has a bdp 3000,sky hd and the 47 pfl 9664 if that matters

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Garethbzg

is this not worth answereing?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

<Snip>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@Mathiasb,

I appreciate that your post is well-intended, but please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum - you can find it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744, particularly the following:
    # If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@Garethbzg,

Sorry - it looks as though your query has fallen below the radar, someone will be along shortly to deal with it.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Garethbzg wrote: »
    My bro is looking for a 2.1 system, he is looking for something that can be stand mounted or floor standing (not too imposing!)
    but the bad bit... budget is 600 euro any ideas?
    hes open to a soundbar if it can compete in terms of sound quality
    he also has a bdp 3000,sky hd and the 47 pfl 9664 if that matters

Gareth,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you (and you may already have been sorted out with another dealer, if so Apologies again :o) I'm not sure how we missed your posts as we have answered posts all around you!

Anyway, there is one outstanding 2.1 system - and that's the Onkyo HTX22HDx :

http://www.froogle.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/onkyo/htx22hdx/onky-htx22hdx-blk

This unit has been reduced from £299.95 to £229.95 and is pretty outstanding and seems to really match the brief, ie 2.1 and it's really discreet to boot!

The Onkyo HTX-22HDX offers an ideal solution in letting you keep your existing TV and Blu-ray but avoiding having to buy a separate AV receiver. Simply connect up your HD TV and Blu-ray to the HTX22HD and that's it.

Better still, if you want to go the full 5.1 route, simply add the optional SKS-22X pack with centre and rear speakers.

With built-in Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoders, the Onkyo home cinema system is ready to handle the highest grade of digital audio - straight from HDMI 1.4. The three HDMI inputs and monitor output (to your TV) are all v1.4 meaning that they not only handle digital high resolution audio but are also fully compatible with 3D TV.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/audio-systems/onkyo-htx-22hdx-709051/review

Again apologies for the delay getting back to you and please do drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John, how would this compare to the boston tvee model 20?

Hi John, how would this compare to the boston tvee model 20?

(slightly quicker this time..:o)

Completely different beasts to be honest!

The Tveee is a sound bar and gives you single source audio (but it really does it quite well!) ie it really only reproduces whatever audio is on the Tv at the time.

The Onkyo HTX22HDx is essentially a 5.1 receiver with 3 HDMI inputs in the same box as the subwoofer - and it comes with 2 satellite speakers so it can be used from the start as a 2.1 system but can be expanded into a full 5.12 system with the addition of the SKS22Hx speaker kit at £79.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/onkyo/sks22x/onky-sks22x-blk

To be honest the Onkyo does sound better - but the TVee is a really neat solution if you want the minimum of hassle & cables.

If you are looking for a R E A L L Y good sound bar with a bluray - I just installed a Philips HTS7140 (for a very famous rugby player - yes I am starstruck - why do you think I did the install personally ;)) I know it's a Philips & I am the resident Philips anorak - but the sound and picture quality and ease of use BLEW ME AWAY!

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts7140_12/hts7140_12_pss_eng.pdf

It's more expensive than the other options, but includes Blu-ray & Tuner - I can do a Boardie special on one at just €729.99 if you are interested....

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Ill take the onkyo John...Do u still have my contact details from the last times? (wexford? 2x 47pfl9664`s)

Ill take the onkyo John...Do u still have my contact details from the last times? (wexford? 2x 47pfl9664`s)

We do indeed - even though we tried to ignore you, you don't escape that easy!

Thanks for the order & I'll get Dave to give you a shout now to get you sorted,

Thanks again and keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

all sorted out now John!!! i might be getting another one for myself after i hear my bros.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.