Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catholic council says 50-50 policing scheme should stay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Thanks for the link - interesting.

I think we'll give the poll a skip though - might be more appropriate to the Politics Forum given that 50/50 and it's abolition ( or retention ) is a matter for the politicians :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

I think over the next week or two we will see more of this and it will be a bit like tit-for-tat. RC groups will want 50:50 continued, NRC groups will want rid of it but both will want to keep pressure on the people making the decisions.

That being said, and I would make one point I think is important, tho this is not to start a whole political argument - its only something I believe may be valuable for boardies but...
    If 50:50 was to continue, it would mean the current campaign could continue and thus more of the people that are in the pool could be used and there would very likely be more intakes after march! As such, anyone who is in the pool at present should hope 50:50 continues so they get the job. People not in the pool will want a new campaign and thus will hope 50:50 is abolished and thus (we believe) a new campaign must be started and this one is of no use. Even if a new campaign was to start tomorrow, being realistic, your talking of March next year by the time they make the first call for an intake based on that campaign.

Like I say, this is not a political view (in fact I have not given my view on it at all), just another side of the coin that I believe boardies on here should keep in mind if they do want the job. As Delancey has said, if you want to discuss the finer points of the politics then go to the Politics Forum.

Advertisement