Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing oil from a tank, Galway.

• 22-02-2011 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

A friend is moving house but has nearly a full tank of oil at the address that they are leaving. Can this be removed so that it can be put into the tank at their new address. Is there somebody who offers this service or can help? They don't want to leave it there, especially given the cost of oil these days. Even if somebody could do it privately, they are willing to pay them. The houses are within 20minutes of each other and they can borrow a van if that makes it easier. Grateful for any help/info on this.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well I know that if there is a spill it's a serious problem with regard to Enviornmental Contamination. It could be worth ringing the oil provider and see if they have a solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

You could try Mike Keane "Western Tank Services" He has emptied and refilled our oil tank when we had water :o in it. The transport would just be an additional step. Decent guy!
    Will pm you his number, don't think you are allowed to post numbers.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 3 risin

I have the same problem Cheshire Cat, the tank has a fair bit of water in it. Could you pm me Mike Keane's details as I cannot find him in the phone book. thanks Risin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The oil company will do it for them , around €50 for the pump and dump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

risin wrote: »
    I have the same problem Cheshire Cat, the tank has a fair bit of water in it. Could you pm me Mike Keane's details as I cannot find him in the phone book. thanks Risin

I have sent you a PM.

Good luck!

CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,612 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

A long see-through pipe and a few 5 gallon drums and it could be syphoned out :cool:

Advertisement