Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What parties have knocked on your door (Kildare North)

Options
  • 22-02-2011 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭

Only party that I have had knock on my door is FG twice.

Not a peep out of the others.

I think Stagg probably thinks he is in so why bother. FF don't want abuse at peoples door since the estate i live was only a few years old so you can imagine what it will be like.

Indo probably hoping on picking up votes.

FG said that I should give 1,2 to his party. No suprises there but also I should give backing to Labour.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I have had:

FG twice
    FF once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Two old dears supporting FG's other candidate (not Durkan) called a couple of days after GE election date was set. No one since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

None in the oldbridge area in sallins

Whats going on there??:confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We had our local labour candidate and someone canvassing on behalf of FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

We've had an elderly couple call for Aine Brady FF and Emmett Stagg canvasing for LAB. Asked for a preference for his LAB running mate McGinley who is supposedly competing with Brady for the last seat. We're in Celbridge.

Tbh not voting for either. When approached about teachers pay cuts by a delegation from the local school, Stagg's reply was "f**k off". I kid you not. Would've given him a preference otherwise for his local work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Had Labour and Catherine Murphy call same as 2007, never had a FF or Fg canvasser. Locally only Labour or Catherine Murphy ever took any interest in my estate and taking it in charge etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 seagreen

None... sad to see their lack of interest. Coming home at lunchtime today I saw canvassers on my road (in Celbridge). They scurried away sharpish as I got out of the car. Clearly afraid of actually having a conversation with a voter.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

FF and Murphy while I've been in, could easily have had others.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 villainous

I had a good chat with John McGinley, a nice man and seems to know what he is talking about, I voted Stagg #1 the last time but I think McGinley will be getting my 1st this time out. Fine Gael called and seem genuinely shocked that someone answered the door, they couldn't answer any of the questions I asked and just said to refer to their manifesto (put it to the testo)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I've only had Fine Gael at my door. Like that, they seemed shocked that I answered! But I threw a few questions at them but there was alot of shrugging shoulders.

I want to see Fianna Fail, but I think I may have missed them :rolleyes: but in turn I did send Aine Brady an Email, which she replied too, but she dodged my main question which I'm not happy about as I had intended on giving her a vote, now I'm of two minds.

As for labour. I just don't like Eamon Gilmore and he is really they only reason why I wouldn't give them my vote. I want to get over the fact that I dislike the man, but I'm struggeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

Jayd0g wrote: »
    We've had an elderly couple call for Aine Brady FF and Emmett Stagg canvasing for LAB. Asked for a preference for his LAB running mate McGinley who is supposedly competing with Brady for the last seat. We're in Celbridge.

Tbh not voting for either. When approached about teachers pay cuts by a delegation from the local school, Stagg's reply was "f**k off". I kid you not. Would've given him a preference otherwise for his local work.

Are you SURE!?Would have seriously considered him for no 2 preference after Sinn Fein (only actively pro teacher party).Thats shocking!

2011abc wrote: »
    Are you SURE!?Would have seriously considered him for no 2 preference after Sinn Fein (only actively pro teacher party).Thats shocking!

Yup, heard it directly from one of the teachers involved. Wouldn't have believed it otherwise. I'd been a fan of his up until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i had none over an entire election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

folan wrote: »
    i had none over an entire election.

Really?? Do you mind if i ask what part of celbridge you live in as i tought that FG cover all of Celbridge or is it possible that we knocked and there was no one home at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

scheister wrote: »
    Really?? Do you mind if i ask what part of celbridge you live in as i tought that FG cover all of Celbridge or is it possible that we knocked and there was no one home at the time.
    the Maynooth part ;). In Griffin Rath Hall, on the Celbridge rd

scheister wrote: »

Was disappointed not to receive a call from FG myself, we're out in Simmonstown Manor.

Congrats on thhe great result :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Was disappointed too not to get a call from FG. I would have spent hours trashing your neo-liberal policies. FG will destroy this country and revel in it.

Advertisement