Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish MMA Ticket Prices

• 22-02-2011 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I asked this question over on the fight.ie forum a while ago and got some decent feedback. I'm trying to get a feel for what you guys see as good value and what you really expect for your buck and how much (or little) are you willing to shell out for an event!! This is a wee bit of market research so please be honest with your views

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Paid £25 for Chaos 8 the other week and it was great value. 15 fights, 4 titles on the line and there wasn't a poor fight all night.

Plus bear in mind that if you make the effort and buy early you can land yourself in the front row for your money. The place was pretty packed too so it doesn't look like too many others had any complaints. Spoke to a few people from work who were there and everyone was happy.

Whether I'd have been happy spending £25 and sitting down the back watching on the big screen I'm not so sure, didn't actually see what the view was like from there so I can't say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

I'd be happy to pay up to 40 euros for a big show with 8-12 good match ups, big screens and c class fighters being paid a purse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Stuffy

It depends really on your plan as an organisation. If you are satisfied with the current level of interest then €30 would probably not be disputed by the current fans who attend.

If you want to attract new people/fans to come to your events than €20 is the most you could charge really, anything over that people probably wouldn't bother imo.

* €40 is too much.

Stuffy wrote: »
    * €40 is too much.

I'd say €40 is too steep too. Cheap seats at UFC 93 started at €50 didn't they? Fair enough that was in the nosebleeds, but it was the UFC!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I would pay €35 for CC or CW. I think €25 is a fair price for a smaller show with 3 or 4 pro fights.

I think with the new rules shows are far more entertaining. I would have hesitated to spend €25 on a show with all C class fights before the new rules came in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭medicsie

I'd say €40 maximum, regardless of it being VIP or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Chris Shanks

You won't pay £40 when the UFC comes to town. The UFC is so good live I would pay the highest price, it's unbeatable.

Thats a bit pricey

Em... No it's not.

Were you at the event?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Paid £25 for Chaos 8 the other week and it was great value. 15 fights, 4 titles on the line and there wasn't a poor fight all night.

Plus bear in mind that if you make the effort and buy early you can land yourself in the front row for your money. The place was pretty packed too so it doesn't look like too many others had any complaints. Spoke to a few people from work who were there and everyone was happy.

Whether I'd have been happy spending £25 and sitting down the back watching on the big screen I'm not so sure, didn't actually see what the view was like from there so I can't say.

I was at this event and had a sit further back and had to watch all the fights on the big screen above the cage so i would pay £25 again forbthis again unless the seating in the venue was sorted out but overall paying £25 to see an event with new c class rules woud be reasonable

Advertisement