Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Fence

Options
  • 22-02-2011 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking into doing something with my roadside hedge. Built the house 2 years ago and its the last thing that needs to be done. Its a hazel / whitethorn hedge, 6-8ft wide & 10ft high, the only good thing about it is the nuts we get each year off it. I could shape it into a box shape hedge but I would rather rip it out completely and put in an evergreen hedge but could not live for 4-5 years with no privacy as I'm on a busy road.

I was thinking of a decent 6ft high panel fence with some maples etc spaced out behind it. I have about 50-55 metres to do. Any ideas or what would you do? I do have laurels to the side & rear of the house and the front is letting the place down.

Thanks,
    Josh.

Advertisement