Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice about management company

Options
  • 22-02-2011 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi Just looking for people's advise on an issue i have with my management company.

Last year we got out bill for our management company and we happily paid our bill. A couple of months later they wrote to us saying that they charged us for a 2bed instead of the 3bed and that we owed them an extra €300. The letter was quite snotty and basically they wer putting the blame on us because we didnt inform them that they charged us wrong - which we genuinely didnt notice. We never done anything about it at the time...so now our new bill for this year came out and with the €300 arrears from last year outstanding.

Does anybody know were we might stand with this. As far as i was concerened they sent our bill, we paid it, got a receipt to say we paid in full. If this was there mistake do we still have to pay this or is there any way we could fight it? Has anybody had any similar experiences with this before?

Any help would be great.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

If you do actually have a 3 bed, then you are obliged to pay the fee for the 3 bed. It sucks that they made a mistake and are being unprofessional about it, but you still have to pay it. You could try negotiating paying them €50 over the next 6 months but the bottom line is, you signed a lease committing to pay your service charge.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

GillyBo wrote: »
    Does anybody know were we might stand with this. As far as i was concerened they sent our bill, we paid it, got a receipt to say we paid in full. If this was there mistake do we still have to pay this or is there any way we could fight it? Has anybody had any similar experiences with this before?

Yes, you are still liable for the charge. The amount you pay should be a simple formula - total cost for running the development divided by your percentage of floor space compared to the whole development.

When our management company was first formed (by the developer) they put fixed fees in place, which was not in line with the Lease Contract. The fee was a nice round number. But, when we took control, we had to adjust the fee to the correct percentage. This meant some units had to pay more and some had to pay less.

Anyway, bottom line is that you have to pay your correct percentage, even if they did invoice you incorrectly at the start.

Advertisement