Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawn of War II - Retribution.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm playing as the Imperial Guards at the moment. Just realised last night that the Inquisitor has a few Monty Python lines :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

humanji wrote: »
    I'm playing as the Imperial Guards at the moment. Just realised last night that the Inquisitor has a few Monty Python lines :D

Send the Commisar into a Chimera, he should say "Drive me closer, I want to hit it with my sword".

Might get this later if Gamestop has the CE. Does it actually come with DoW2 + Chaos Rising, since Im missing CR and the 10 difference between Retri normal and CE is how much it goes for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I might pick this up myself. I have both CR and the Original DoW but both on seperate steam accounts so their no synced, pain in the hole. So If I can get them all in the one pack, excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Send the Commisar into a Chimera, he should say "Drive me closer, I want to hit it with my sword".

drive_me_closer.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Might get this later if Gamestop has the CE. Does it actually come with DoW2 + Chaos Rising, since Im missing CR and the 10 difference between Retri normal and CE is how much it goes for.

No,you get a poster and some card and war gear I think,the edition your talking about is only available online I think.

• Advertisement

Ah, see it. The "Complete Edition", only £49.99 on GAME :) .......yea-no.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You gonna get it?:)

Ah, see it. The "Complete Edition", only £49.99 on GAME :) .......yea-no.

€41.99 off Sendit for the Complete Edition.
    €29.99 for the Collector's Edition

Rael wrote: »
    drive_me_closer.jpg

thats_the_joke.jpg

You gonna get it?:)

Im gonna go with no, for the complete anyways. May wait a while, only getting Retri for The Last Stand anyways, no need to go overboard.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

LMAO. I'm going to buy this now. Just because of that.

I love the sincerity with which he says the line.

Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

oh relic i didn't think it was possible to love you guys more but i do i really do <3

LOL, thats genius :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I love Kaptain BluddFlagg

Anyone interested in an online game?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

omg that line is epic!

thats why i love dow...

damn greenskins are my favirute just becouse of slang they do lol

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pwwillia

keep getting install errors every time i try to load it, anybody else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Started this last night, as the Orks. Good fun playing as them, though their squads are quite fragile. Only did 2 missions, so I know I'm not going to be able to customize my army properly yet.

Storyline-wise:
    An inquisitor trying to recruit an Ork to do her killing business? Looks like Adrastia is quite the radical. Wonder what happens when you play as Chaos...

When you're only used to controlling the 4 squads from DoW II and Chaos Rising, it's a fair bit of effort getting your head around controlling 6/7+ via the number hotkeys, pathetic as that seems.

Still, I'm enjoying it so far, so we'll see how things pan out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

i7 pc, 2gb graphics card, 6 gb's ram, 30mb connection blah blah blah and DoW2 is still a laggy piece of **** game regardless of settings or firewall status.

Company of heroes is not like this...so obviously DoW is just designed badly.

DoW2 looks great in screenshots and it's a brilliant concept but the game itself is boring and laggy for me. Sticking to CoH.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Dermighty wrote: »
    i7 pc, 2gb graphics card, 6 gb's ram, 30mb connection blah blah blah and DoW2 is still a laggy piece of **** game regardless of settings or firewall status.

Company of heroes is not like this...so obviously DoW is just designed badly.

DoW2 looks great in screenshots and it's a brilliant concept but the game itself is boring and laggy for me. Sticking to CoH.

Wow, a entire post complaining about online lag and not a single mention of latency. Your ignorance knows no bounds.

Playing the imperial guard campaign and really enjoying it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

The Dark Angels Pack adds the iconic Space Marine chapter to Warhammer® 40,000®: Dawn of War® II: Retribution™ with eight unique models for the major multiplayer units as well as new color schemes for the others. The Force Commander is replaced by a Dark Angels Company Master complete with winged helmet, the Tactical Marine squad all sport the iconic Dark Angels robes. Additionally, the Scout Squad, Assault Marine Squad and Terminators all receive similar chapter-specific revisions. The Space Marine vehicles also get a visual makeover with this DLC pack, adding custom designs and emblems to differentiate them from the standard vehicles.

Dark Angels pack available on Steam (haven't checked anywhere else).
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/56536/

So, a fiver for a skin upgrade. Bit excessive, no?

Dark Angels pack available on Steam (haven't checked anywhere else).
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/56536/

Hmmm well atleast it's not just color or texture reskin, it looks pretty cool, but will I pay for it...... Nah.... If it's on sale for 1eu... Maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Speaking of DLC but of the free kind, DoWII has been updated and includes equipment that are linked to new achivements. Some are fairly easy to get, like the space marine ones, and some are a bit harderd, like the Hive Tyrant (kill 25 super heavies)

I won't be getting the Dark Angels DLC unless it's discounted heavily. I can't say it doesn't look good but I don't spend much time look at them.
    More like €6, puts it in horse armour category of DLC tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Never really played a DOW game, worth €15 on Steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

quarryman wrote: »

Dawn of War II / Chaos Rising are great for the single player experience. I haven't played Retribution yet but from what I've read, the campaigns for all 5 races are only slightly altered and don't offer much difference from eachother.

I've always preferred Dawn of War Dark Crusade for multiplayer and I still play it to this day, and the community is still somewhat active for it and Soulstorm. The campaign was alright for both but it does get a bit pants at times.

I'd say it's worth €15. See if you can pick up Dawn of War, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade and Soulstorm for a similar price in the sales though, well worth it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

quarryman wrote: »
    Probably but be warned that DoW 1 series and DoW 2 series are two very different games in how they play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Nody wrote: »
    Probably but be warned that DoW 1 series and DoW 2 series are two very different games in how they play.

Well I haven't really got a frame of reference so doesn't bother me too much :)

Dow1 fans hate dow2.

It's a shame. Bouth great games with different approach.

I love dow2 with it's squad gameplay. You can dedicate yourself more in to battle then base macro management.

15eu is allright I guess. Not having to deal with games for windows **** makes it worth it alone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dow1 fans hate dow2.

It's a shame. Bouth great games with different approach.
    But that is the point, DoW2 is not a sequal to DoW1 in any way, shape or form except they are both 40k and have a 3rd person view and have the same name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Nody wrote: »
    But that is the point, DoW2 is not a sequal to DoW1 in any way, shape or form except they are both 40k and have a 3rd person view and have the same name.

That and the campaign features characters and storyline from the previous games.

Advertisement