Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Tuning Kit Any Good ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

25% Power Increase - 30+ BHP !!!

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

draffodx wrote: »
    LOL

thats what i was thinking

What car do you have? A proper remap costs about €300 but would be worth the extra money and you might actually see +30bhp depending on the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

Ill be getting a new mondeo in a couple of weeks 2.0 tdci 140 bhp

Seems very cheap, decent tuning boxes from reputable companies cost over £200 and despite the lols 30bhp gains are not unheard of in conjunction with a decat and decent air filter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Keep an eye out on enthusiast (Ford in your case) sites..

Group buys on re-map days pop up now and again, for a % off the cost (typically 220e - 250e). Don't mess about with that crap ---> get it professionally done, to get best gains by a map that best suits your car.

IMO of course.........

RoverJames wrote: »
    despite the lols 30bhp gains are not unheard of in conjunction with a decat and decent air filter.

It is with a POS tuning box.

draffodx wrote: »
    It is with a POS tuning box.

Are you saying all tuning boxes are POS or just the one linked to in the OP? I specifically referred to decent tuning boxes from reputable companies, you sliced off that bit when you quoted me.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Are you saying all tuning boxes are POS or just the one linked to in the OP? I specifically referred to decent tuning boxes from reputable companies, you sliced off that bit when you quoted me.

The one in the advert.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

OP get a proper remap from www.autoremap.ie or similar.

your 140bhp mondeo should remap to approx 175bhp easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

+30 bhp and + 15 better fuel economy!!

What a winner, great value for money, proven results, get it bought! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

My friend was telling me about this the other day, didn't know it was possible.

For example, if I had a:
    1.9 TDI Golf 05 -08
    1.9 TDI A3 04 -08

Would tuning the engine make it faster? Would you recommend getting it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

*bump* :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Would tuning the engine make it faster? Would you recommend getting it done?

yes and yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

kceire wrote: »
    yes and yes

Make sur he gets a proper remap. Any of those tuning boxes I tried were useless.

Advertisement