Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Blog Awads Photography 2011

• 22-02-2011 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Here's the complete Photogrpahy 2011 Nominations list.

A total of 54 in there. Good luck to all

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

It's great to see so many familiar names on there!

I've my hotelroom booked anyway for the 19th so might see a few of you around!

Well done to all involved... now bring on the shortlists!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

There's usually a photowalk the day of the Blog Awards. Belfast would be an interesting city to shoot take pictures of. Any volunteers to act as a guide?

If anyone is interested to attend, I would recommend pre-registering yourself for a ticket here.

The Europa Hotel Belfast has a special rate for attendees:
    The Awards are on March 19th in the Europa Hotel in Belfast.
    Special rate from Europa for guests attending this event:
    Classic Single: £70 Bed and Breakfast
    Superior Double/Twin: £90 Bed and Breakfast
    Executive Double/Twin: £110 Bed and Breakfast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Dang, I guess I have to work harder next year to make the cut.

Good luck to everyone!! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Some really stand out sites there. Few glaring omissions and some dire entries, but I suppose if you don't advertise it and leave it open to the public that's bound to happen.

Ronan Pallister's would be my fave of the bunch.
    Neat, interesting, varied and engaging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

kjt wrote: »
    Dang, I guess I have to work harder next year to make the cut.

Good luck to everyone!! :-)

Easily fixed for next year, nominate yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Touche. Although if one vote wasn't cast then it just shows you need to push yourself a little more :)

I like a challenge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

A lot of blogs with photographs (good shots, some of them) in there as opposed to what I understand as a photoblog, it'll be interesting to see what makes the short list.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

sNarah wrote: »
    It's great to see so many familiar names on there!

Well done to all involved... now bring on the shortlists!!

Shortlist out and we're on it :) so Hotel booked for me and MissusP&B - not the Europa mind, I only want to sleep in it not buy shares!
    There's usually a photowalk the day of the Blog Awards. Belfast would be an interesting city to shoot take pictures of. Any volunteers to act as a guide?

I believe that's in the pipeline too.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

sNarah wrote: »

Not quite sure what you're offering there, Sarah...

• Advertisement

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Not quite sure what you're offering there, Sarah...

:( Uh.. um... Dammit!

Anyhoo, well done again for the shortlisted #1, just another round to go through!

Denis, lovely, you and Mrs. P&B going up! Anyone else attending this year?
    Not sure yet if my plus one is joining so would be nice to have familiar faces around! (not in my room though!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I'll probably head up. I must get around to booking somewhere, now that you mention it. :)

dakar wrote: »
    I'll probably head up. I must get around to booking somewhere, now that you mention it. :)

We got the Balmoral Hotel for £39 a night for the room. It's not that far outside the city centre - 10 mins in a taxi. Nothing like the excitement of getting a black taxi in West Belfast :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

We're thinking of heading up on Friday and making a weekend of it! Could do with a bit of a break & never been to Belfast before. Plus I hope the awards will be a fun night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I booked the Europa for the Saturday night. Will probably drive up earliesh on the Saturday to attend the photowalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Any news on the photowalk? I don't know who's organising it.

Also not sure if it would be wise to abandon my other half to go take photos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I was just wondering if any boardsies who are nominated would like to post up links to their blogs?

I found *eadaoin's pretty easily (which is really good btw....) but couldn't find pullandbang's for example...

daycent wrote: »
    I was just wondering if any boardsies who are nominated would like to post up links to their blogs?

I found *eadaoin's pretty easily (which is really good btw....) but couldn't find pullandbang's for example...

It's in the sig.....:)
    Any news on the photowalk? I don't know who's organising it.

Also not sure if it would be wise to abandon my other half to go take photos!

Keep an eye on photowalk.ie - it'll appear there shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Just wondering if 'they' give any feedback/reasons for why they blogs that were picked were picked?
    Just curious as to what criteria they look for, what makes them stand out etc.?
    Obvioulsy content but anything else?
    (some of them are great).
    Cheers,
    pa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Monasette

Hi Pa,
    Can't speak for the photo category but I was one of the judges in the technology category one year (to whittle down from long list to short list) and I think the guidelines were to see how long the blogs had been running, how often they were updated, the level of technical knowledge, etc. The year I was involved, it seemed like 80% of the blogs were obsessed with iPhones :rolleyes:

There is a lot of variety on the photoblog category this year - professional and amateur, portraiture, landscape and street photography, and plenty in between.

This year, I'm hoping that the judges in the photo category have a preference for pictures of the diving board in salthill, and sunrises in Connemara, which might give me an edge...:p

BR,
    John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Monasette wrote: »
    Hi Pa,
    Can't speak for the photo category but I was one of the judges in the technology category one year (to whittle down from long list to short list) and I think the guidelines were to see how long the blogs had been running, how often they were updated, the level of technical knowledge, etc. The year I was involved, it seemed like 80% of the blogs were obsessed with iPhones :rolleyes:

There is a lot of variety on the photoblog category this year - professional and amateur, portraiture, landscape and street photography, and plenty in between.

This year, I'm hoping that the judges in the photo category have a preference for pictures of the diving board in salthill, and sunrises in Connemara, which might give me an edge...:p

BR,
    John

Cheers John.
    How did your exhibition go? Great pictures (as usual).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Monasette

Thanks - the exhibition went well, and I managed to break even on the costs. Huge amount of work, though.

I see that the Europa have a new weekend deal/rate for those staying for the Blog Awards.
    The Awards Weekend special includes:

One night’s bed and breakfast on Friday March 18 for only £40 pps & a complimentary cocktail.

Or

Two night’s bed and breakfast on Friday March 18 and Saturday March 19 for only £80 pps & a complimentary cocktail.

If you’ve already booked your room at our regular rate on Saturday you can still take advantage of the 2-night deal should you decide to stay on Friday night as well. Just let us know by calling 028 9027 1066.

Best of luck to the 5 finalists!

may the best woman/man win!

I will be at the photowalk myself - hope to see of you there!
    Details on the walk here.

Internet connection permitting, I'll try to provide live coverage of the photography award!

Internet connection permitting, I'll try to provide live coverage of the photography award!

At the bloggies there is usually free wifi.
    WiFi is provided by BT. We can give you vouchers at the door.

The hashtag is #iba11 if people want to follow it on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Marcus

Just wanted to say good luck to all finalists tonight...

Unfortunately (for the first time ever :o) I won't be there in Belfast myself to award the prize :( so I've asked last year's winner Redmum to present it on our behalf.

Have fun and definitely see you next year!

Marcus

Okay guys live from Belfast!!!! Rick oshea is in the house and rocking

And the winner is ....roger overall. Congrats!!!

Advertisement