Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI, sound & no picture but have UPC menu

Options
  • 22-02-2011 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

I've encountered an interesting/annoying issue with my UPC HD box (cisco).

Bar hitting the TV button (grrhhh) it was working very well. However in the last few days, using HDMI the TV picture will disappear, however sound remains, I can see the UPC box menus and if I switch to SCART picture returns. TV is a Philips 42pfl5603d.

I have tried re-seating cables, turning off and on TV makes no difference nor does putting UPC box in stand by.

To date the only solution I can find is to kill the power the UPC box (via switch at back).

I'm hoping there's a better fix or I've missed something any help would be greatly appreciated.

Malb

PS I can and will call UPC (just need to book a holiday [joke]) my fear is they'll swap the box out and I'll loose all my recordings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

I have had the same problem every so often - but UPC have been resetting my box daily at this stage with all their updates and it has not happened in a while.

I guess turning it off every so often is no bad idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I've had this issue as well. First off I turned off the box and that worked, now pulling the HDMI cable from the tv does the trick.

Still shouldn't have to do either. Annoying !
    macrubicon wrote: »
    I have had the same problem every so often - but UPC have been resetting my box daily at this stage with all their updates and it has not happened in a while.

I guess turning it off every so often is no bad idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Malb

All

Any thoughts on root cause or how to resolve?

This happened again today.

And given there's always one! I can and will ring UPC if this really starts to get on my wick.

Thanks

Malb

Advertisement