Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good cheap knife for chopping vegetables in Dublin City Centre?

Options
  • 22-02-2011 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I had a look when I happened to be in Arnotts recently and the cheapest was €15 or so.

In Argos they have Value Range 5 Piece Knife Set with Wooden Knife Block @ €4.99 which I don't mind paying but they have some bad reviews and I really just need one general purpose/vegetable and meat chopping knife (I was it before going from meat to vegetable, or just dice meat after veg).

Where can I get a single good knife for €5 in Dublin City Centre, or should I just go with the Argos one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Nollog

I bought a single knife in dunnes for a fiver.
    It fell apart after about 4 meals.

I bought a set of 5 in a wood block from dunnes for a fiver, and they're still going good with no sign of falling apart after 3 months.
    There was a single knife (looked better) for the same price there, but I decided having 4 backups was better value.

I guess it's hit or miss at dunnes.
    When I was researching knives I found they were always really expensive for what you get, so I just get the cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Kitchen devil knives are great for chopping i have a few different sizes from small to medium going for a good few years - think most kitchen shops have them (the name "kitchen devil" is etched on the blades. They have stayed sharp as i cut on a wood board.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MarcHilton

Chopping vegetables.. suuuure.. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_Morgan

Advertisement