Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyfest 19th March

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Didn't make it,weather forced my hand.Pity the rain didn't stay away for another hour or so.Anyhow this guy enjoyed it (courtesy of After Hours:D:D)

derpfc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I'd say it was fun trying to get home afterwards if you came from out of town. I was coming home from Waterford around 9:30 pm so going in opposite direction and the cars were bumper to bumper all along the ring road.

There were guards guiding traffic on to the roundabouts from the main arteries out of town but the cars weren't getting off quickly enough on the other side so it was a bit chaotic. No one would let me get on to the roundabout at Ballindinas to go up to the Whitford one, despite them all going nowhere. They were all insisting on moving inch by inch stuck to the bumper of the car in front. could have done with a few guards there as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I'd say it was fun trying to get home afterwards if you came from out of town. I was coming home from Waterford around 9:30 pm so going in opposite direction and the cars were bumper to bumper all along the ring road.

There were guards guiding traffic on to the roundabouts from the main arteries out of town but the cars weren't getting off quickly enough on the other side so it was a bit chaotic. No one would let me get on to the roundabout at Ballindinas to go up to the Whitford one, despite them all going nowhere. They were all insisting on moving inch by inch stuck to the bumper of the car in front. could have done with a few guards there as well!

Did you not realise that most Irish drivers don't know how to use roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

zerks wrote: »
    Did you not realise that most Irish drivers don't know how to use roundabouts.

LOL, yes silly me, I momentarily forgot and expected a bit of logic from my fellow drivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Thanks for all the info all. The show was fantastic. It went on for about 25 mins I think. I ended up just following the N11 all the way past Ferrycarrig on over the bridge. I took the left after the bridge and parked in Dunnes stores car park. I left as soon as the fireworks ended. I started the car at 20:15 and arrived home in Dublin at 23:00. Thats not bad considering the ammount of traffic leaving the area. The rain was a bit of a pain in the neck but whats more annoying is people jabbing you with their brollies:D

All in all it was well worth the drive,rain,traffic:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭psomers

Hi All,

You can watch Skyfest online at http://southeastbusiness.ie/skyfest-2011/, there is a link in the first paragraph to see the entire show.

In regards to traffic delays coming into Wexford, this was caused by idiots stopping by the Garda to ask for directions to the parking, which was detailed here. I hope everyone enjoyed Skyfest, I know I did (apart from the rain).:pac:

I hope SouthEastBusiness helped some of you finding out where to go, park and be amuzed.

Paul

Advertisement