Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lidl and aldi biker gear???

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

gipi wrote: »
    Having seen the treatment one 5 year old gave a helmet in Aldi today, I wouldn't buy one to put flowers in to be honest!

The wee lad decided he'd try it on, and promptly dropped it onto the tiled concrete floor as he took it off.....then repeated the procedure several times until his parent stopped him by taking the helmet and putting it back into an empty box.....

Who is worse, the child or the parent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Just back from Aldi a few mins and the helmets dont seem great. Even my 80 euro Nitro helmet looks and feels far better quality. The Aldi helmet has thin internal padding over solid parts in certain places. But the rest of the gear seem grand. I picked up the thermal pants and top, the neck warmer, insulated top and gloves. Didn't bother with the jacket and trousers as I have Lidl trousers I got a while back and they are toasty and have a removable liner for the warmer months and a spada predator jacket I got from Lee Honda for 120 euro - bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

got a present of there gloves today ,,,same as the rest cold fingers within the hour:) handy hidey holes n them tho haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Who is worse, the child or the parent?

Aldi. They shouldn't have such safety critical gear on open stands. The vast majority of people don't know that helmets are fcuked when dropped, at least they can plead ignorance. Aldi are selling them and should care about customer safety.

Kinda leads to a rhetorical question, if you bought an Aldi lid and it failed when needed. Could your next of kin sue them for negligence?

Very pleased with the thermals, even if putting them on seems as close as I want to come to wearing a pair of tights. The socks too are top class. No cold feet today.
    Neck tube is not great though, as the velcro fastening at the back catches on the base of my helmet. I don't know why they felt the need really. A tube is a tube!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I ended up getting a pair of gloves, boots, and a trousers on Thursday. I'm actually going to bring the boots and trousers back as I got better ones at the bike show today. How are Aldi when it comes to returns?

I paid €30 for a pair of trousers today and they were a much better fit than the Aldi ones. I found their trousers a bit cumbersome. I also found their boots to be very uncomfortable. I paid a little bit more to get a really nice leather pair today for €70.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

dceire wrote: »
    I ended up getting a pair of gloves, boots, and a trousers on Thursday. I'm actually going to bring the boots and trousers back as I got better ones at the bike show today. How are Aldi when it comes to returns?

I paid €30 for a pair of trousers today and they were a much better fit than the Aldi ones. I found their trousers a bit cumbersome. I also found their boots to be very uncomfortable. I paid a little bit more to get a really nice leather pair today for €70.

I found them OK if something was faulty - not fit for purpose but they can refuse to take goods back if you changed your mind. I'd tell em you were not sure if you could get them and a friend picked up a set for you in another store??

The Aldi gear is a bit agricultural and for a few notes more you can get better fitting, looking and functioning gear. Well done.

Bought a pair of boots from aldi some years ago, that had the wrong sizes marked on them. Took them back 3 times before getting the proper size, no issue.
    That said, they are under no obligation to give you a refund, unless the trousers were faulty.
    I have found that while you can get cheap gear at the bike shows it is just that, and once the show is over, you have no comeback, unless you get a reciept... who'd you buy the stuff from again? (see my NEC FT Boots experience).
    Got a jacket for €80 at the show a few years ago, didn't even last a full season before the seams accross the chest had ripped, creating a nice funnel for water to enter through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Louis.de has some very nice Roleff jackets for 69.95 at the moment.
    They look very good for the money.
    Postage only 9.95 for up to 30kg to Ireland.

Tested the Thermals today.

They aren't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement