Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi offices in the south side city centre

Options
  • 22-02-2011 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

I'll be in Dublin next weekend.

I don't like to get taxis off a rank and would normally get taxis from a "taxi office". However, could people recommend any particular taxi offices in the south side as I don't know where any are?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I don't like to get taxis off a rank and would normally get taxis from a "taxi office". However, could people recommend any particular taxi offices in the south side as I don't know where any are?

Thanks

Dublin has a huge over supply of taxi's - you'll be amazed.

Don't stress, they're EVERYWHERE!.

Oh, and I don't know of any taxi office's.. But seriously, there are taxi's everywhere you look in Dublin both night and day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Dublin has a huge over supply of taxi's - you'll be amazed.

Don't stress, they're EVERYWHERE!.

Oh, and I don't know of any taxi office's.. But seriously, there are taxi's everywhere you look in Dublin both night and day.

Thanks but I do know that there are taxis everywhere! For safety reasons I don't like getting taxis off the rank as you could be getting in with anyone. There's so many dodgy licences and unauthorised licence swapping going on I don't like hailing taxis off the street.

That's why I like to order from a cab office as they have known taxi people and know who you're getting into the taxi with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Have a search in the golden pages for taxi companies in Dublin, don't know of any physical offices you can go in to any more.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks

what part of the city will you be in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is one on camden street, camden cabs afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

VIP are on Cork street.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I'm afraid that even using "reputable" companies can still leave a sour taste, it all depends on which driver you get

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056194156

So you may as well just hail one and if you don't like the look/feel/appearence of the driver or car then just wave him on and get another

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I agree that you're better off getting one from a bigger rank, but there is a small office next to Tesco on Parnell Street.

Advertisement