Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel System

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Love my bugaboo cameleon. It is a dream to push. I used to walk 3 large dogs and push it one handed. I am now down to walking 2 large dogs ;) It fits in my front door no problem. Surprisingly it will fit into a small boot too. The one thing that I hated was those stupid car seat adapters!!!

I will defo use it on baby number 2. Loved the pram mode. It was the biggest one I could find ;)

It is expensive though :( everything is washable and you can buy different covers to mix and match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Looking out for a new buggy here - we got the Mothercare Roam travel system and I hate it. Back wheels are way too wide, taking it up the stairs to our apartment is a two trip job and it's way too long in carrycot mode. Considering the Bugaboo Bee (just like literally every other Islington apartment dweller), Babyzen Yoyo 0+ or Baby Jogger City Mini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Really liked our chameleon too but my husband used it more than me. I tended to use the sling. We have a bugaboo donkey as well and really find it great. Wish I'd got it in the first place instead of the chameleon. Agree about the car seat adapters though!!! Basket on chameleon seemed fine to me in buggy mode, a bit harder to access in pram mode alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Uppababy cruz seems to be a good buy as an alternative too, smaller version of the vista.Just a suggestion.We have friends with one and they love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Definitely no second hand car seats unless it was a sibling that I knew handled it well and had never crashed.

My budget is fairly tight so we've had:
    -Maxicosi isofix/belt base (part of travel system)
    -Joie tilt 90e rear facing 0-18kg (totally my favourite but the seat back is short so it won't do him rear facing to four)
    -joie stages 140e rear facing 0-18kg then forward facing

If I could afford it Id love one of the big 0-7 years ERF (extended rear facing) seats but not on the horizon right now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

80s Child wrote: »
    Wow! First really bad review I've heard of!

May I ask what your main problems with it are?

It cat not deal with rough terrain with out pushing it on 2 wheels and having to take the white clips off to fold it are the main ones.

I had a Maxi Cosi Mura which was amazing and my double out n about so I am used to really easy to push buggies that can go anywhere.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    It cat not deal with rough terrain with out pushing it on 2 wheels and having to take the white clips off to fold it are the main ones.

I had a Maxi Cosi Mura which was amazing and my double out n about so I am used to really easy to push buggies that can go anywhere.

we regularly used it on country lanes and have used it on rough paths but gravel was problematic, as was sand. They were the only times we had to go two wheel. By taking off the White clips do you mean removing the car seat adapters? They are the only things I ever remember having to take off to fold the chameleon 3 and that was only when using it with car seat.

Roesy wrote: »
    we regularly used it on country lanes and have used it on rough paths but gravel was problematic, as was sand. They were the only times we had to go two wheel. By taking off the White clips do you mean removing the car seat adapters? They are the only things I ever remember having to take off to fold the chameleon 3 and that was only when using it with car seat.

I use mine on everything and it's great.

I think moonbeam means having to take off seat to fold it?
    My mum loves my bugaboo too.

The car seat adapters are dreadful. So badly designed.

That makes sense. Never bothered me about separating it. I suppose it was just what I was used to. This thread has reminded me, we have a perfectly good bugaboo just sitting in the attic. Really must was the canopy and go about selling it on.

Roesy wrote: »
    That makes sense. Never bothered me about separating it. I suppose it was just what I was used to. This thread has reminded me, we have a perfectly good bugaboo just sitting in the attic. Really must was the canopy and go about selling it on.

I don't mind the two piece fold. Tbh it is very compact in boot compared to other systems. I could fit my bugaboo and a Maclaren quest in the boot of a VW polo. My friend had exact same car and could only fit the chassis of her buggy in the boot and the seat had to go in back seat.

My mum still uses mine with my guy who is 3 stone :eek: not a bother to her pushing him! I will be using it on number 2 when the time comes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Smiley11

I love my Cameleon but the basket is an absolute pain with the bassinette. Its my only problem with it. Its easy to push & pretty fluid to open & close. I'llbe changing over to the seat shortly so my basket woes will be over thankfully!

I'd looked at the Uppababy Vista & Bugaboo Buffalo also & they're far too bulky in my opinion. The Uppababy has great basket access & space but its just very big. The only thing that appealed to me about the Buffalo was the royal blue hood you can't get in their other models...first world problems! I know there are arguments about the Cameleon being low but I'm not the tallest so it suits me fine. I've bought different coloured hoods/aprons & a cup holder to make it just how I like it & it fits my needs exactly. That said, I'll be buying a lighter, cheaper stroller for going on holidays because its too cumbersome for travel (for me) & I'm not risking damage to something that cost so much!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I don't mind taking the seat off to fold it but trying not to loose the springs and then having to put them back in is a pain or is there another way to fold it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I have the 3rd generation cameleon and there's definitely no fiddling with springs etc when folding. You push in two large white buttons and the seat detaches, that's it. Maybe it's a feature of an earlier edition?

ETA: similarly when folding the chassis you press two white buttons and it collapses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

my advise would be to not buy a travel system! We got that baby elegance beep twist so luckily it wasn't expensive. However we only used it for around 9 months. The car seat is only suitable for newborns up till around 9 months, and the buggy is too awkward. Its a pain having to lift separate wheels out of the car and stuff. If I had my time again I would buy a car seat suitable from birth to toddler. Buy a pram for new borns and a separate umbrella style buggy for toddler. It would work out cheaper in the long run. We had to buy a new car seat when our little girl was 9 months then and umbrella buggy when she was around 10 months. I did find the pram great for the early days though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

There's so many different opinions I think the only way to do it is go with your gut instinct. We bought the Uppababy Vista with the Besafe car seat. It was an expensive bundle but my little girl turns one tomorrow and it was a great buy! She still fits in the Besafe, we use the Vista all the time. I bought a stroller this week but only for holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

So, finally got out for a look at the real thing locally.

Of the shops here, the Icandy Peach 3 came out on tops! A really good looking, well manufactured piece of kit ( Jesus, I'm treating this like buying a car!!) With the price tag to match!!! It's coming in at 1300 with the car seat, isofix and all the bits and bobs bar the footmoof as far as I know.

We're going for a look at the Uppababy Vista tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see between the two!

Any opinions on the icandy peach 3??

Advertisement