If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo 2011 New Amps // 309, 509, 579, 609

Options
  • 22-02-2011 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Have Ye any details on the newly announced onkyo range?

All bar the 309 are networked it seems, which wud also enable the free onkyo iPhone & iTouch app

I'm prob leaning towards the 509

Will Ye have both black and silver?

Any firm date in April that they will be in stock?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

BArra wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Have Ye any details on the newly announced onkyo range?

All bar the 309 are networked it seems, which wud also enable the free onkyo iPhone & iTouch app

I'm prob leaning towards the 509

Will Ye have both black and silver?

Any firm date in April that they will be in stock?

They are all on order and we expect the 509 right at the end of March/Early April.

The first newbie will be the TXSR309 which we will see in MArch.

We have ordered mainly black but a smattering of silver as well - if you did want silver I would get your order in asap as they will fly in silver.

Retail pricing is:

TXSR309 - £249.95
    TXNR509 - £349.95
    TXNR609 - £499.95

However as per the '08' range last year we will be able to do a VERY LIMITED BOARDIE EXCLUSIVE launch deal on these receivers (details to follow guys!)

I have attached the full spec sheets on the 1st 3 models for you to browse and as ever keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

:eek::eek:

:(:(:(

why didnt I wait till the 509 came out !!!!!

Note to self...... when researching NEXT time, make sure you check when NEW models are out :rolleyes::rolleyes:

John, I'd be jumping on ya for that 509, whats the due date on that one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jxd

Mr T
    You replied to another post of mine a while ago ( unlike you John who didn't !!) and have got me thinking about the onkyo rather than the pioneer 920

John do you know when the 609 is out ?..

Thanks again for the help thus far

Jx,

Apologies for not getting back to you - I must have missed your post - I'm still trying to catch up :-)

The 309 is due early march / 509 late march and the 609 early April ( all promised dates but no specific dates for goods inwards yet).

...Mr T. There is never a good time to buy tech - even I'm about to buy a new tv and I'm planking myself thinking what's around the corner - but hey we have to jump sometime and pleasure postponed is pleasure denied! ( I still love the VSX920 btw)

Keep us posted if we can assist.

Atb,

John mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John
    Thanks for the reply which due to it's delay has sent me all over the net

I posted this last week
    Thanks gents should have kept to Myself!! Appreciate the help

John here's a thought - the Vsx920 and the following from your current sale
    48. Onkyo CS-5VL – CD Player – Was £349.95 – Boardie Clearance price £149.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/...onky-cs5vl-blk

Would you do the two at £450 and if so what extra for delivery.... Pixmania have the pioneer at a fair offer at the mo at about 400 euro incl delivery ( incl a small promo code discount ) so need to be sensible - much better feeling than confused !
    Thanks again
    James

If the onkyo is in black and the price works for you let me know I'd thought of waiting for the 609 but really only for the thx element... Could easily be convinced if the price above works for you and you're in the humour
    Thanks for the come back so late of an evening I know us linters can be such demanding buggers and appreciate the reply
    Thanks
    James

• Advertisement

Jx,

I have just left the office so I cannot access costs ( and then there is the potential divorce to consider if I open the laptop again tonight) but I think that price is too tight - after all it's less than the original rep on the 920 on it's own!

Pixmania are showing 2 prices 1 at 397 and one at 447 on the . Co.uk site but they don't deliver to Ireland - pix.ie are at 529 euro.

Our published retail is £349.95 which is significant cheaper than pixies but I'll have a look in the am and revert and post openly the best I can do.

Atvb,

J

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

I'll look forward to the opening offers on the onkyos, I need to pull the trigger to match an amp to my mordaunt shorts who have being lying idle

Jx,

I have just left the office so I cannot access costs ( and then there is the potential divorce to consider if I open the laptop again tonight) but I think that price is too tight - after all it's less than the original rep on the 920 on it's own!

Pixmania are showing 2 prices 1 at 397 and one at 447 on the . Co.uk site but they don't deliver to Ireland - pix.ie are at 529 euro.

Our published retail is £349.95 which is significant cheaper than pixies but I'll have a look in the am and revert and post openly the best I can do.

Atvb,

J

JX,

apologies again for the delay getting back to you:

I understand that the CS5VL has already been snaffled on the sale page - but I was thinking anyway after I posted - why would you not match the VSX920 with a Pioneer BDP330 - much better match and the combination will allow you to control both items via an itouch or iphone (its a really sexy app).

I can do the combination of the BDP330/VSX920 at £449.95 if you were interested - and I'll do you a cracking price on a matching QED 1.4 HDMI lead.

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,
    Thanks for the reply, particularly so late in the evening..
    Have been looking through the threads over the past few days, and hadn't seen it gone..

I could be convinced I guess... what's the CD quality like from the player john, want to do my best to get a good replacement for my current batch of stuff... reading betwwen the lines on some reviews, it's not thought highly of ???

Any proper Blue Ray's ??

Thanks
    James

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

hey john,

any updates on these - specifically the 509 and 609. I got my speakers and while they look really good, i've nothing to connect them to!

I've had a look at the comparison chart for the 509/579/609 - is it worthwhile jumping up to the 609?

aidan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Jxd wrote: »
    Hi John,
    Thanks for the reply, particularly so late in the evening..
    Have been looking through the threads over the past few days, and hadn't seen it gone..

I could be convinced I guess... what's the CD quality like from the player john, want to do my best to get a good replacement for my current batch of stuff... reading betwwen the lines on some reviews, it's not thought highly of ???

Any proper Blue Ray's ??

Thanks
    James

Hi JXD.

The playback of CD is pretty good from the blu-ray and the VSX920 copes well with audio too.

You would just need to be careful with the speakers that you match it up with.

I hope this helps.

ATB

Dave

Hi Able.

I got a call from Onkyo today and the 509's are due into us next week with the 609 approx 2 weeks from today.

It's hard to say if the 609 is worth the extra as I haven't heard it yet, but judging by the previous series, they do make the 6 series a notch higher than the 5.

Hope this helps.

Dave
    ablelocks wrote: »
    hey john,

any updates on these - specifically the 509 and 609. I got my speakers and while they look really good, i've nothing to connect them to!

I've had a look at the comparison chart for the 509/579/609 - is it worthwhile jumping up to the 609?

aidan

will john be posting up a thread?

he mentioned a deal of sorts such as last years range

ablelocks wrote: »
    hey john,

aidan

Aidan,

oh it must be awful having the speakers and not being able to play with them!

I still have not heard the new '09 series Onkyo AVR yet - but I do think that the 609 should be a little bit special - I know it commands a decent price premium over the '09/79 but between the 7.2 functionality, extra power (160WPC into 6 Ohms), and the 6 HDMi's I do think that it will be a cracker - they also seem to look way better than the '08 generation in presentation.

The 309 is in already - the 509 is due within the next 2 weeks and the 609 is still due in early April - I still intend doing a launch package for all the '09 series but I'm not announcing any pricing until they arrive and are 'resting' in my stockroom - if any of you would like to pre-order without any obligation just drop me a line and I'll pop your name on one and you will get 1st dibs on the initial launch offer stock.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Hi John.
    You may as well put my name on one of the 609's when they arrive. :-)

Cheers.
    S.

Dave, thanks for the reply, I posted a few weeks ago and bought a blue ray player since - am interested in onkyo 609 chaps if you could keep us posted thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

How would the Onkyo 608/9 compare to the Denon 2311?

Hi Shurl.

If you can PM me your address and contact number etc, I'll pop an order up on the system for you.

Many thanks

Dave

shurl wrote: »
    Hi John.
    You may as well put my name on one of the 609's when they arrive. :-)

Cheers.
    S.

Hi JXD.

Cheers for the post and for buying from us.

If you can PM me the 1st line of your address and contact number, I'll get you on the 609 list as this is proving to be a popular receiver.

ATB

Dave
    Jxd wrote: »
    Dave, thanks for the reply, I posted a few weeks ago and bought a blue ray player since - am interested in onkyo 609 chaps if you could keep us posted thanks again

We got a handful of 509's in.

It seems like everyone is holding off for the 609 but the 509 isn't too shabby either.

We fired it up earlier and intial indications are good. A nice warm and open sound with good vocal clarity (from an attached Monitor Audio Vector package) and good solid bass lines. Bass was both quick and tight and having an older Onkyo myself, I think the 509 has made some good improvements over the older models.

Features are good with the DLNA support and setup was fairly easy. You don't need to be a techno head to get the DLNA working either. The styling is much improved from the older 8 series although it's got more buttons than the spaceship from 2001 a space Odyssey, but luckily enough the sound is as spatial to match. Seriously though, it does look better than the previous 508 and they have improved the features go with it.

I am impressed by the quality of the sound, think the features are good and connectivity is good, although for some of you boardies, 4 HDMI inputs may not be enough !

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Dave, Am interested in a silver 509 can u pm or phone with details of availability and ofc the special introductory price!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Audiofanatic

We got a handful of 509's in.

It seems like everyone is holding off for the 609 but the 509 isn't too shabby either.

We fired it up earlier and intial indications are good. A nice warm and open sound with good vocal clarity (from an attached Monitor Audio Vector package) and good solid bass lines. Bass was both quick and tight and having an older Onkyo myself, I think the 509 has made some good improvements over the older models.

Features are good with the DLNA support and setup was fairly easy. You don't need to be a techno head to get the DLNA working either. The styling is much improved from the older 8 series although it's got more buttons than the spaceship from 2001 a space Odyssey, but luckily enough the sound is as spatial to match. Seriously though, it does look better than the previous 508 and they have improved the features go with it.

I am impressed by the quality of the sound, think the features are good and connectivity is good, although for some of you boardies, 4 HDMI inputs may not be enough !

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave, how are you?

This was the first oppinion I found from the 509.

I know you haven't allready heard the 609 but for what I've searched the 509 is a step back compared to 508 in its amp capabilities since the onkyo's WRAT technology was in the 508 and is not mentioned on 509.

I'm waiting for the 609 only because it has WRAT amplification, I've bought the EISA awarded Harman Kardon HKTS60BQ speaker set and I'm substituting my old yamaha 440RDS 6.1 receiver.

Now that I've read your post, can you tell me if the 509 sound is as good as the 608 (that has WRAT)?

Am I going to get a better sound with the 609? I don't care about the extra channels and 4K upscalling...

Another question, is the OSD onde the 509 as good as the 608/609?

Sorry for my english:)

Best regards!

Diogo Reis

Hi guys.

The 609's have finally arrived and we have a launch price of £449.95 that we can hold until Sunday 10th of April, just for boardies !

We already have quite a Few orders and as usual with Onkyo, the new models are already causing a bit of a stir.

Anyone that would like one, can just PM their contact number and address to me and we'll get back in touch for payment details.

ATB

Dave

Hi Audio.

Sorry for the late reply.

The OSD on the new range has been vastly improved from the previous versions and in terms of the stereo audio, the 509 is definately better than the 608...and my 806 for that matter.

Without having taken the 509 home.....yet, I would say that the A/V performance seems to be very good compared with the 608 with a little less attack and slightly less bass weight at the bottom end.

It runs it a very close second and if the scaling is not an issue, then 509 is a good buy.

Having heard the 609 now also, this is quite an improvement on the 608. Again the stereo is good even in stereo mode and the pure audio option really brings the stereo to life. They have done a decent job on improving on the 608 and I feel that the other brands have pushed Onkyo a little harder to come out with some nice new features, new styling and an improvement on the sound. All in all this has made for a very interesting receiver.

Cheers

Dave
    Hi Dave, how are you?

This was the first oppinion I found from the 509.

I know you haven't allready heard the 609 but for what I've searched the 509 is a step back compared to 508 in its amp capabilities since the onkyo's WRAT technology was in the 508 and is not mentioned on 509.

I'm waiting for the 609 only because it has WRAT amplification, I've bought the EISA awarded Harman Kardon HKTS60BQ speaker set and I'm substituting my old yamaha 440RDS 6.1 receiver.

Now that I've read your post, can you tell me if the 509 sound is as good as the 608 (that has WRAT)?

Am I going to get a better sound with the 609? I don't care about the extra channels and 4K upscalling...

Another question, is the OSD onde the 509 as good as the 608/609?

Sorry for my english:)

Best regards!

Diogo Reis

Hi Audio.

Sorry for the late reply.

The OSD on the new range has been vastly improved from the previous versions and in terms of the stereo audio, the 509 is definately better than the 608...and my 806 for that matter.

Without having taken the 509 home.....yet, I would say that the A/V performance seems to be very good compared with the 608 with a little less attack and slightly less bass weight at the bottom end.

It runs it a very close second and if the scaling is not an issue, then 509 is a good buy.

Having heard the 609 now also, this is quite an improvement on the 608. Again the stereo is good even in stereo mode and the pure audio option really brings the stereo to life. They have done a decent job on improving on the 608 and I feel that the other brands have pushed Onkyo a little harder to come out with some nice new features, new styling and an improvement on the sound. All in all this has made for a very interesting receiver.

Cheers

Dave

I've changed my mind and to be shure I would not regret I'm gonna go for the 609.

Did you received it in black and can you shipp to Portugal?

I have a paypal account to simplify the payment.

I also would like to buy a set of audioengine a2 speaker, can you get them?

Please PM or send and email to diogo.fotocine@gmail.com I really want to enjoy the 449 promotion for the 609.

Regards!

Cheers for putting thru the black 509 order Dave

Any idea if the onkyo iPhone app works with the 509?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Hi John/Dave,
    Was holding out for the onkyo 609 but unfortunately is a little rich for my blood even at the amazing RS intro price. So i thought i'd appeal to your charitable side ;) and see if you've any crazy clearance offers on a 508/578/608 or even the Denon 1911.
    Cheers, Mark.

I've changed my mind and to be shure I would not regret I'm gonna go for the 609.

Did you received it in black and can you shipp to Portugal?

I have a paypal account to simplify the payment.

I also would like to buy a set of audioengine a2 speaker, can you get them?

Please PM or send and email to diogo.fotocine@gmail.com I really want to enjoy the 449 promotion for the 609.

Regards!

Audio,

apologies we just missed you on Facebook chat - Unfortunately the TX NR609 deal is only for Customers in Ireland - we don't ship Onkyo outside Ireland and the Boards Launch deal is just for the initial promotion period then the price will revert to £499.95.

Drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

BArra wrote: »
    Cheers for putting thru the black 509 order Dave

Any idea if the onkyo iPhone app works with the 509?

Barra (et Al)

Yes the Itouch / Iphone / App for the ONkyo TX - NR509 / 579 / 609 has just been released on itunes and is F R E E.

Get ready to play!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Audio,

apologies we just missed you on Facebook chat - Unfortunately the TX NR609 deal is only for Customers in Ireland - we don't ship Onkyo outside Ireland and the Boards Launch deal is just for the initial promotion period then the price will revert to £499.95.

Drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

I won't tell any Irish the great deal I've made:D

If there's anything you can do, please email me to diogo.fotocine@gmail.com with a final price including shipping;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.