Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody else not got their polling card?

Options
  • 22-02-2011 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

I know technically you don't need it, once you have photo id and know where your polling station is but curious as to if anyone else did not get their cards. Mine have always arrived well before the election. Nothing yet. (In Rivervalley):D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I have received mine, but for the Lisbon Treaty round 1, I only received my card 2 days beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Not too worried, will still go over and do my bit. 22 years living here and never had a problem before. Usually cards are here well in advance of the election.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm in Swords too and we haven't received ours yet either. I've never not received mine so I bet they'll be here tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Got ours late last week in Lusk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Peckham

You don't need the card in order to vote. If you don't receive it, just turn up to where you usually vote with some ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Arrived this afternoon. About time too. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 JohnWhale

I'm in Swords too and have not received mine yet. I am getting worrried. Could be to do with recent boundary changes?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No need to worry. As previous posters have said - you just need to bring photo ID to the correct polling station.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Probably worth checking whether you're on the electoral register though
    www.checktheregister.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

My wife got hers, but I didn't get mine which is weird because normally we both get the same thing on the same day when it's official stuff like that. I seem to remember mine not arriving the last time (though I wouldn't swear by it). I'm on the register anyway so not bothered really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement