Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marseille vs Manchester United 23/2/11 Champions League last 16 match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Good man Smalling

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

He's often had good games except whenever he makes a mistake he gets crucified. Used to be Fletch, used to be Nani, Evans is the new fall guy. Same shít. Different player.

If you are trying to say that Evans has been anything other than terrible this season then you are only proving that you are deluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

rooney has spent the last half an hour chasing fanni;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Pro. F wrote: »
    If you are trying to say that Evans has been anything other than terrible this season then you are only proving that you are deluded.

Was he or was he not good against Liverpool in the cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Steve Staunton special there nearly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

What a joke of a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

****ing French and their lasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Why does Berbatov wear long sleeves and gloves most matches (apologies if this has been explained before)?

That touch there summed up Carrick so far. Garbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Fittle wrote: »
    Why does Berbatov wear long sleeves and gloves most matches (apologies if this has been explained before)?

Cos he's cold;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Because he's cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Mister men wrote: »
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thinking about Liverpools next game in the big vase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Has carrick actually completed a pass yet?

Because it looks cool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

the ball is coming out of the united defence fairly poorly
    Nani well on top of Heinze, when he can stay on his feet!
    Marseille have a good chance of getting a result here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Because he's cold?

Is it as obvious as that? Sorry, thought there might be more to it as he's the only one wears gloves on Man U!

Has carrick actually completed a pass yet?
    Playing sh!t is one thing, but when he loses the ball he literally makes no attempt to trackback or win back possession. His attitude is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Worst half of football I've seen this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Carrick has been really bad, given the ball away quite a bit.

Not a great game at all, very conjested in the middle, Smalling has done very well - one time trying to bypass the poor midfield by running, he should try that more.

O'shea seems to be getting the ball in positions where Nani could be dangerous.

Can't see United conceding tonight, but hard to see them scoring either.

• Advertisement

Is it as obvious as that? Sorry, thought there might be more to it as he's the only one wears gloves on Man U!
    What's Man U?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Thinking about Liverpools next game in the big vase?

It was just another pathetic attempt at trolling from him.

No worries, it will make no.19 all the sweeter.:D

Nothing will ever eclipse Liverpool v Sparta last thursday

Ah what a crap match. I haven't even been paying attention to a lot of it coz it's so boring...

Was he or was he not good against Liverpool in the cup?

As I think I've said on here before, he was barely tested in that game. Liverpool had good possession but hardly put in any decent crosses at all. He had an easy game and he made no mistakes. Before that game and since, whenever he has been in a game where the opposition have put in good crosses he has missed headers and therefore been directly responsible for many goals we conceded.

Pretty much every time he has been tested this season he has made mistakes and he has now, rightly, lost his place to Smalling. United's defence will be much better without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

That is a serious insult considering the awful s**t your club has played this season:rolleyes:

Thats the worst i've seen utd play in a very long time, no one showing for the ball. All of them running away from it waiting for some magical ball over the top, which wont come cos their passing is god awful.

If only Heinze could cross the ball properly ye could be in trouble. Disappointing.

Nailz wrote: »
    What's Man U?

When I read Man U, I always say it in a Bill O' Herlihy voice in my head.

No I don't know Marcel. Do fill me in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Carricks a park player.. Dont know why people are praising Smalling, hes had a couple of hoofs that went nowhere and hasnt had much to do.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hmmmm did you not watch your team "play" Sparta Prague

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Pro. F wrote: »
    As I think I've said on here before, he was barely tested in that game. Liverpool had good possession but hardly put in any decent crosses at all. He had an easy game and he made no mistakes. Before that game and since, whenever he has been in a game where the opposition have put in good crosses he has missed headers and therefore been directly responsible for many goals we conceded.

Pretty much every time he has been tested this season he has made mistakes and he has now, rightly, lost his place to Smalling. United's defence will be much better without him.

Fair enough. I still think he's getting a raw deal. Sure he's had bad games but he's still young. The problem is that as a centre half every mistake is magnified because they often result in goals. He was good last season, he didn't just become a donkey overnight. I think he'll come good but it might have to be away from the pressure cooker that is Old Trafford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

mars bar wrote: »
    No I don't know Marcel. Do fill me in.

What did he say?

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    What did he say?

He keeps saying, "you know?". He says it about twice a sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Eh wheres the real Darron Gibson and who is this imposter. Two amazing longs balls to Nani, almost Scholesque. Keep it up son.

Last time i saw balls that long was when a German called John dropped his towel in Trim swimming pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

mars bar wrote: »
    He keeps saying, "you know?". He says it about twice a sentence.

Andy Townsend probably knows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

BERBA wrote: »

I wasn't looking forward to blackpool V spurs ..... turned out to be a great match;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ireland v Egypt, 1990
    Kilkenny v Rovers, 2006
    Ireland v Montenegro, 2009
    Japan v Cameroon, 2010
    Bahrain v New Zealand, 1st leg, 2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Carricks a park player.. Dont know why people are praising Smalling, hes had a couple of hoofs that went nowhere and hasnt had much to do.:confused:

Smalling deserves the praise. He's still a young player, yet he's good enough and confident enough to play for us in the Champions League. Yeah he's hoofed a ball or two, but when it comes to protecting our goal he's been spot on.

I think we're doing pretty well, certainly better than some of our other performances this season. Just hope we can cut out the bad passing and get some more build up play going, get Berba involved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Just looked at the stats there, Fletcher has a 55% pass success rate! That is absolutely brutal for this level! For the record Carrick and Gibson are on 83% and 79% respectively.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/matches/season=2011/live/index.html?matchday=7&day=4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Typical fare.........utter ****e........

Fair enough. I still think he's getting a raw deal. Sure he's had bad games but he's still young. The problem is that as a centre half every mistake is magnified because they often result in goals. He was good last season, he didn't just become a donkey overnight. I think he'll come good but it might have to be away from the pressure cooker that is Old Trafford.

If you still have faith in him then that's fair enough. From watching him this season I find it hard to believe that he has any chance of making it at United. As you say, somewhere with less pressure might be good for him.

But, do us United fans a favour, and keep the scapegoat bullshít to yourself. He has played very badly this season and you can't deny that.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I wasn't looking forward to blackpool V spurs ..... turned out to be a great match;)

looking down that table shamo , cant seem to see ya:p

dfx- wrote: »
    Ireland v Egypt, 1990
    Kilkenny v Rovers, 2006
    Ireland v Montenegro, 2009
    Japan v Cameroon, 2010
    Bahrain v New Zealand, 1st leg, 2009

Think you put alot more thought into it than was necessary:)

The corner flag arcs look massive.

looking down that table shamo , cant seem to see ya:p

give it time fella..... give it time

Did George almost say like "flies on ****"?

Dont know why people are praising Smalling, hes had a couple of hoofs that went nowhere and hasnt had much to do.:confused:

Did you see the good defensive header he made that RTE showed at half time? It's the little bits of defending that he has had to do and has done well that people are happy with.

Quality from Smalling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Think you put alot more thought into it than was necessary:)

I wish I could forget those games..they're imprinted on my psyche:(

Wigan v Hull 2008 is another one

• Advertisement
Advertisement