Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prague

Options
  • 22-02-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭

Any ex pats in Prague? Moving there soon, just looking for tips or what not to dos, all of a sudden hearing all sorts of horror stories. Have been to visit good few times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved from Travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Leftist wrote: »
    Any ex pats in Prague? Moving there soon, just looking for tips or what not to dos, all of a sudden hearing all sorts of horror stories. Have been to visit good few times.

Sorry for the late reply, I dont frequent this particular forum very often.

Yes, there are some expats over here. I am not in Prague, but I live about 200km South of Prague in the second largest city of Brno. The irish population in Brno is about 20. In Prague it should be larger, and there is quite a large british expat community. There is a good site called expats.cz where there is a wealth of information.

First off, what sort of horror stories have you heard? Im genuinely curious. One, because I dont have any. Two, any I have heard were from people who either never even came here, or who came hear on a stag, which is not the ideal situation to get the feel for a people/culture/city. Alot of my friends seem afraid to come here for some reason that I cant get my head around. Possibly due to these phantom horror stories.

With regard to Dos and donts, I don't know what to advise yet without knowing more. Are you coming here for a job? When are you coming? Send me a PM if you dont want to disclose those details publicly.

If you have been here a few times, then with regard to travelling you probably know as much as I do. Living here is a different story altogether. Give me a wee bit more info, either on here or via PM and ill impart as much as I can to you.

Advertisement