Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit

Options
  • 22-02-2011 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else buzzing off the Forbidden Fruit festival that is taking place in Imma on the 5/6 june???
    Not officially anounced yet are Flaming Lips, Wild Beasts, Jamie TT, Caribou, Dan Le Sac......

Find out more here

http://www.state.ie/news/26279-new-forbidden-fruit-festival-teaser

Or official announcement at 8pm tonight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

sounds brilliant, it's the bank holiday too. Life Festival is the week before, with Body and Soul festival 2 weeks after.

also heard rumours of Battles, Aphex Twin, Erol Alkan, Aeroplane and Jape at it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

sounds brilliant, it's the bank holiday too. Life Festival is the week before, with Body and Soul festival 2 weeks after.

also heard rumours of Battles, Aphex Twin, Erol Alkan, Aeroplane and Jape at it too.

Cant vouch for any of the names yet, but I heard all of them rumoured too.
    Primavera is also on the weekend before, then home to this. Giggidy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

officially announced....

The Flaming Lips & Aphex Twin to headline Forbidden Fruit
    22 Feb 2011
    The new boutique festival is taking place on June 4 & 5 in the Royal Hospital Kilmainham.

The people behind the Electric Picnic, POD Concerts, have announced details of a juicy looking new event taking place on June 4 and 5 in the grounds of the Royal Hospital Kilmainham, which has previously hosted the likes of Leonard Cohen and Iggy Pop.

Running each day from 2pm to 10.45pm, the three-stage Forbidden Fruit action breaks down as follows:

Saturday – The Flaming Lips, Erol Alkan, Wild Beasts, Aeroplane, Jape, Ham Sandwich, Colour Music and more.

Sunday – Aphex Twin, Battles, Jamie xx, Caribou, Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip, Solar Bears, Kormac’s Big Band and more.

The Lips celebrated Valentine’s Day by making ‘Two Blobs F**king’ – the asterisks are theirs not ours – available for www.youtube.com/flaminglipsfree streaming. It’s the first of 12 individual tracks, which will eventually combine to form a single ‘audio experiment’ piece.

We haven’t a clue what Richard David James has in store for you, but you just know it’ll be interesting.

Sponsored by the good folk at Bulmer’s, the Bank Holiday Weekend bash has limited Early Bird tickets available on Wednesday February 23 for €45 (one-day) and €85 (weekend). After they’re gone, the respective costs will €49.50 and €90.

“IMMA is a fantastic venue for an urban festival with its extensive lawns, and beautiful buildings all set against Dublin’s cityscape and I believe it’s the first time ever that a festival will be contained within the shape of an apple,” enthuses Bulmers M.D Michael Merrins.

See www.forbiddenfruit.ie for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

The lineup for this is looking very, very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

The Flaming Lips, Aphex Twin and Battles in one weekend? ****ing A.

• Advertisement

great lineup.
    even if they didn't announce any more acts, it'd be worth it IMO.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lovely little festival, nice venue. Will more than likely be going.

http://forbiddenfruit.ie/home

Full line up is here. Tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Aphex Twin wow!! :D

Rest of the lineup is great too, can't wait!

anyone know what the capacity is?

the Kraftwerk/Day In the Life gig was held there, and probably a few more too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Battles & Aphex Twin :eek:

Tickets on sale from 9am tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I'm well out-of-the-loop, I've only seen this today.

I'm not sure I can shell out for the two days and atm Sunday is looking the best.

How big are the grounds, is there an idea on how long it will take for this to sell-out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Capacity of around 5,000 I would say.

penexpers wrote: »
    Capacity of around 5,000 I would say.

cheers, I picked up a Sunday ticket, great line-up for the price.

smokedeels wrote: »
    I'm well out-of-the-loop, I've only seen this today.
    ?

Not that far out of it, journo's were whinging today about not getting a press release on twitter.

Personally i love how it was advertised.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Not that far out of it, journo's were whinging today about not getting a press release on twitter.

Personally i love how it was advertised.

I logged on to facebook today and a few friends had suggested the page to me.... I assumed that it was known about for weeks.

Did they just drop the news yesterday?

smokedeels wrote: »
    I logged on to facebook today and a few friends had suggested the page to me.... I assumed that it was known about for weeks.

Did they just drop the news yesterday?

That facebook page only went live last week, and there was nothing on it til 2/3 days ago (i think - you can check easily)

It was on phantom yesterday morning saying there was a cool festival taking place and the line up was out at 8pm last night.

Then it was on twitter. State.ie had a trailer with band hints in it. And the line up dropped yesterday evening.

Had been low level rumours of an Aphex twin gig doing the rounds a while ago but everything else was pretty unexpected...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hesho

Just picked up a Sunday ticket. Absolutely delighted about the lineup, should be a great day. It was a nice surprise to only find out about this today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Have seen most of the acts playing this before so nothing yet is enticing me. Though I really dig the idea of a festival like this at IMMA, the Kraftwerk "mini festival" there was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Just got me a Sunday ticket too.

Have been waiting years to see Richard.

Hope he throws a turn table at me :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jimmy9Irons

This festival sounds class... Must get a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just got an early bird for the Sunday for this, looks excellent.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Aphex Twin! :pac: Sunday looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only really know Aphex Twin and Flaming Lips, so would be quite expensive for just those bands. Maybe go one day at the time if time/money allows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

After 3 failed attempts to see Flaming lips its going to be the Saturday for me but would love to see Aphex Twin and Battles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

Heard this on Phantom today, straight in for a sunday ticket for AFX!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Great line up, i'm there for both days with muthafcuking bells on.

Early Bird-priced tickets now sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I would ideally like to go to both days :( dont know if I will have the money however

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 WPJ33

cant wait for this festival!

Advertisement