Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

dunno if anyone would find this useful but i put it together for a mate and thought i'd share :)

timetable showing what clashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭ergo

hey, so as was asked much earlier on in this thread: are they going to be showing the crucial Ireland-Macedonia football game on a screen somewhere in the site?

and if not is there the option of re-entry to pop out and catch some of it nearby...?

thanks

the FAQ page on the main festival website is crashing for me right now, I presume the answer is there

ergo wrote: »
    hey, so as was asked much earlier on in this thread: are they going to be showing the crucial Ireland-Macedonia football game on a screen somewhere in the site?

and if not is there the option of re-entry to pop out and catch some of it nearby...?

thanks

the FAQ page on the main festival website is crashing for me right now, I presume the answer is there

dunno if they are showing it but with an armband you should be able to come and go as you please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

danniemcq wrote: »
    dunno if they are showing it but with an armband you should be able to come and go as you please

Presumably you won't get an armband on a day ticket though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

In the interest of clarity - here's what will be available in the bar at Forbidden Fruit: Bulmers Original and Becks Vier on draught €5 pint
    Bulmers Berry/Pear/Light 330ml PET €5
    Quarters Wine €5
    Soft Drinks €3
    Water €2

From Facebook

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    Presumably you won't get an armband on a day ticket though

you'll have to get some type of bands, so security can see anyone who jumped a fence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Stumbled onto colourmusic checking out the line up on last.fm. Their live shows sound pretty impressive from the descriptions and their album is like some sort of psychedelic noise thing meet rock which is slowly growing on me. Really looking forward to them.. shame they open the festival. I bet they play to about 60 people... also I didn't want to head in too early to avoid being fleeced on food and drink prices but I guess I'll get my moneys worth out of the ticket price at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

All the after parties are advertising reduced entry with a wristband too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Anyone know when the last act will finish up?Bueses/trains reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

A few tracks from bands playing on Sunday that I'm looking forward to seeing

Great track from Battles

Aphex Twin

Dans le Sac vs Scroobius Pip

..and one from Irish band, Squarehead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

ergo wrote: »

thanks

I would say they will let you in/out of the festival. I think the closest pub is the Patriots near Kilmainham Jail or the Hilton Hotel. You could head back to Parkgate Street but that would be a taxi ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

does anybody else think the main stage looks really really oddly positioned...like halfway down a hill.... might be some issues with that...

no? just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

I heard that they won't be allowing re-entry, dissapointing if true, maybe there's someone here in the know that can confirm!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

what's the point in wristbands so? surely they'd just scan/tear the ticket if they weren't allowing re-entry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

does anybody else think the main stage looks really really oddly positioned...like halfway down a hill.... might be some issues with that...

no? just me?

That's where the main stage normally is for Kilmainham gigs isn't it?
    Anyone know when the last act will finish up?Bueses/trains reason!

10.45 both nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

what's the point in wristbands so? surely they'd just scan/tear the ticket if they weren't allowing re-entry?

Wristbands are free advertising (from some reason people seem to like keeping them on well after the event is over) and are also a good way of checking the crowd to make sure no-one jumped the fence etc..

It may very well be that they will allow re-entry but I wouldn't base it on teh fact that they are giving out wristbands.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

penexpers wrote: »
    Wristbands are free advertising (from some reason people seem to like keeping them on well after the event is over) and are also a good way of checking the crowd to make sure no-one jumped the fence etc..

It may very well be that they will allow re-entry but I wouldn't base it on teh fact that they are giving out wristbands.

Im one of those :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Some people have weekend tickets so they need a wristband for re-entry on Sunday I'd presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

anyone know if there will be tickets available at the venue itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

anyone know if there will be tickets available at the venue itself?

Yes, your in luck, according to their site
    Limited weekend and day tickets will be available at the entrance on Saturday and Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Fecking ques! Thourogh search ay the entrance took the drink I tried to sneak in, disaster. Still decent craic sober.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Great to see a festival in the city though.

However, its a sign of the times in the music biz when they are looking for voluntary staff. I just don't see how this would work out. The promoter needs a job to be done while the people really want to get to see the gigs for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Charco2006

F#CKING RIPPING.I PAID 90 QUID FOR THIS CON.... cant bring in drink, cant get a f#cking drink without queung up for 44 mins(no exageration), ive necer seen a festival wit so many ppl leaving at 8 o clock even before the main acts ... I have a weekend ticket and if it wasnt for aphex twin i wouldnt be goin back. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

cant wait to see what afx plays tomorrow. €5 says lots of dubstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Two hour queue for the bar today?! Organisers/Bulmers might want to look into that for next year. How they managed to underestimate the number of bars required for a crowd of Irish people in a field in summer I dont understand. Profits were definitely lost there. Great otherwise, I might this a yearly event :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

So sneaking booze in sounds tricky.

Going tomorrow any other tips?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i want to be able to chill and have a drink tomorow not cue up for a big amount of time just to get a drink !!!! im really thinking twice about going tomorow ,i know there the crack to be had there but doesnt sound the best

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

xdeletiax wrote: »
    cant wait to see what afx plays tomorrow. €5 says lots of dubstep.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

A V A wrote: »
    i want to be able to chill and have a drink tomorow not cue up for a big amount of time just to get a drink !!!! im really thinking twice about going tomorow ,i know there the crack to be had there but doesnt sound the best
    but you could chill and have a drink in a pub - are you not going for the music?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Can't wait for tomorrow, luckily you don't have to queue up to go see any of the acts play so i think i'll be ok.

Advertisement